29. "You must give me nose boops."

(2002 words)

"She's opening her eyes!" I heard a familiar voice exclaim. My head hurt and I found it hard to open my eyes but when I did, my vision was blurry. Very blurry.

"Ana?" I forced my head to turn toward the direction of the voice and winced at the pain the movement brought. My neck hurt.

"Ariana?" I managed to croak out. Through my now slightly less blurry vision, I could make out Ariana, my mother, my father and my mother-in-law standing around me. I couldn't understand what was going on. Where was I? What happened? Why did I feel weak? Why was I feeling pain in certain places? I didn't know.

"Mom?" I whispered out.

"Oh Ana, honey, thank goodness you're alright." Mom said, coming closer to me. My vision was clearer now and I discovered that I was in a hospital room.

"What happened?" I asked feebly.

"You and Ethan got into an accident." Ariana explained. My eyes widened as the event rushed into my brain like a flood. Ethan telling me about the brakes failing, the truck in front of us and how our car lost balance.

"Where's Ethan?!" I demanded, realising that he wasn't near me. I tried to get up. I was, of course, forced to lie back down.

"He's fine. Though he's still unconscious." Martha responded. She looked beyond distressed.

"I wanna see him." I said as tears rushed to my eyes. I fought them back.

"You need to rest. Don't worry. He'll be fine." Ariana said to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Is my princess okay?" Dad asked, approaching me and caressing my cheek.

I nodded slightly. It hurt to move my neck. "Can someone please check on Ethan?" I requested, wanting to tear the IV off my wrist and run off to see him.

"Don't worry Anastasia, Zayn and Ahira are with him. He'll be fine." Martha answered, trying to assure me, but she failed to hide the concern in her voice that she felt for him. He was her son after all. Just then, the door opened and Ahira walked in. "Ana?! Are you okay?!" She asked, hurrying to my side.

"I'm fine. Is Ethan alright?" I asked desperately. He was all I cared about in that moment.

"Yes, he just woke up and he was asking about you too. I'm so glad both of you are okay." She replied. I saw everyone else sigh in relief and I myself thanked God mentally. I couldn't lose Ethan now. He was so important to me.

The door slammed open, startling all of us and Ethan strode in, disheveled and covered in bandages. Zayn and a female nurse followed behind. "Ethan, what are you doing?!" Martha asked disapprovingly and looked at Zayn with a questioning look.

"You know how stubborn he is." Zayn responded. "He needs to return to bed. Please reason with him." The nurse pleaded to Martha. Ethan didn't say anything; just walked up to me. "Are you okay?" He demanded and I nodded my head, wincing slightly from the shooting pain in my neck.

"We'll give you privacy." Ahira said.

"Ethan Woods, you need to get back to your ward. You're not in the condition to walk around yet." The nurse chastised and I opened my mouth to agree with her but Ethan beat me to it.

"Please just give me a few minutes with her." He requested and after a few minutes, the nurse decided to give in to his plea. Our family members also left the room.

"Are you insane, Ethan?! You should be resting right now. Look at you, you're hurt." I finally reprimanded.

"No, I should be next to you. And I'm fine. You're the one who's badly hurt." He was exaggerating. He was covered in more bandages than me.