22. A Lucky Toothbrush

(2427 words)

*THE NEXT MORNING*

I woke up still engulfed in Ethan's warm arms. Our legs were tangled together and I realised that my knee was touching his.... pelvic area. Blushing, I pulled my leg from between his legs and took a moment to admire his sleeping self. He looked so adorable. I gently caressed his face, careful not to wake him up. I wished to stay like this in his arms under these comfy covers forever. A lock of his hair had fallen over his closed eye and I pushed it back. The feeling of his luscious, silky locks of hair felt great against my palm. I decided to gently run my hands through his soft hair as I continued gazing at his beautiful sleeping face. My gaze fixated at his soft, pink and full lips that were slightly parted as he breathed. I leaned in to peck him on the lips but then realisation hit me.

My morning breath stank!

I quickly pushed myself away from him and pulled the covers off of me before hurrying to the bathroom. After peeing and washing my hands and face, I realised I didn't have my toothbrush and mentally facepalmed myself. That was until I saw Ethan's toothbrush lying in the toothbrush holder. I slowly picked it up and stared at it. This toothbrush has been in Ethan's mouth. What a lucky toothbrush. I almost moaned at the thought.

I contemplated whether to use his toothbrush or not. I so badly wanted to. Besides, I needed to get rid of my bad breath. It's not like he'll know. I wet the toothbrush and applied toothpaste on it before thoroughly brushing my teeth, leaving no room for bad breath. After swishing Ethan's mouthwash around my mouth, I spit it out and opened the bathroom door.

I jumped as a startled gasp left my mouth. In front of me stood a very handsome and shirtless Ethan with his messy bed hair, leaning against the wall in front of the bathroom. How does he look so good even with messy hair while I look like a rat?

"G-good morning." I said to him nervously, trying not to stare at his abs. He smirked knowingly before walking up to me until he was extremely close. His soft lips made contact with my forehead and I closed my eyes to savour the moment. "Good morning, Anastasia." He said, his voice slightly groggy yet extremely sexy.

I looked up at him, smiling brightly. "Should I make breakfast?"

"But you don't know how to cook."

I blushed at his remark. "Who told you that?" I asked him, averting my gaze, feeling embarrassed. Girls my age could do so much and I could barely make my own hair.

He shrugged his shoulders, not answering my question. "That doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm not marrying you so you can do household stuff. Your only job is to be happy."

Oh God, I had always wanted my husband to say that.

"Thanks." I said unsurely.

"You're my queen, queens don't cook. I have a cook here, by the way. You can ask her to make you whatever you want." He said, kissing my head before making his way to the bathroom. A cook?! I had always wanted a cook! OMG, are my dreams finally coming true?

"You used my toothbrush, Anastasia?" Ethan's voice sounded through my ears making my eyes widen. I turned around to face him.

"O-of course not. W-What makes you think s-so? I w-would n—" I let out a puff of air as I saw him leaning by the doorway, an amused look on his face. "How'd you know?" I muttered shyly.

"The toothbrush is wet." He stated. Mr. Smarty pants!

"It's so hot knowing that you used my toothbrush. It was in your mouth. Gosh, my toothbrush is so lucky." He whispered huskily into my ear and I shivered.