11. Your Wish Is My Command

(904 words)

"Dude, are you the luckiest girl alive or what?!" Ariana exclaimed as we walked around the mall. It was finally Friday and after college, we both came to the mall to shop and have fun.

"It feels so surreal." I said to her. In case you haven't guessed, we were talking about Ethan.

"Ana, I told you he's into you. When are you guys gonna be official?" She said, going through the clothes that were hung on a rack.

"I still doubt that he'd want to be with a girl like me." She looked up and gave me a wtf look before rolling her eyes at me.

"You're stupid, Ana. Seriously stupid." Before I could retort, she beat me to saying anything. "Let's go to Michael Kors."

"Ari, we can't afford a hanger in there." I said, giving her a lame look.

"We don't have to buy anything. Let's just take a look. Besides, you have a lot of expensive shoes and handbags now anyway." I blushed, knowing that she was referring to Ethan's gifts. I didn't reply and started walking to Michael Kors with her. It smelled and looked so luxurious in there. I usually avoided such huge, expensive brands that were way out of my league because I knew that I couldn't afford them and going to such places would just sadden me in case I ended up liking some item.

I watched as Ariana excitedly looked around. She was a shopaholic. I, on the other hand, wasn't as much into shopping as her. Just then, my gaze landed on a pair of block-heel burgundy coloured shoes. They looked so stunning, it was as if they were luring me to them. I wanted to instantly grab them and take them to the cash counter but I knew without checking the price tag that I couldn't afford them at all. But they're so exquisite.

My phone buzzed, interrupting my thoughts. I checked it.

Ethan: within a minute, a credit card will land at your feet. You are to pick it up and buy those shoes.

I blinked at my phone screen. I just stood there frozen, confused, bewildered. Ethan's here?!

Me: what are you talking about? What shoes?

I was obviously playing the fool. I looked around in an attempt to find him but I failed due to the enormous amount of people around.

Him: those shoes that you're eyeing with so much longing, the kinda look you give me. Also, I can see you're really keen on spotting me but that'll be hard to do, Anastasia. ;)

The kinda look you give me.... When I read that, my heart started drumming in my chest and my breathing became erratic. He was here somewhere.

Me: where are you, Ethan?

Him: aw does Anastasia miss Ethan?

Me: are you stalking me?

Him: yes. I should be at a meeting finalising another business deal right now but I chose to stalk you instead. The sight of your beauty is so much more worth-it.

Oh Lord, he's definitely trying to kill me.

Him: the credit card is about to land at your feet. Look out.

What the heck?

A credit card landed just by my feet. I stared at it in bewilderment, my heartbeat picking up pace. So he was serious. My phone buzzed again.

Him: pick it up. What are you waiting for?

Reluctantly, I bent down to pick it up and stared at it. There was no way I was spending his money. I wasn't some greedy, money-hungry girl.

Me: I don't want your money, Ethan Woods. Kindly come and take your credit card.

Him: I know you don't want my money, Anastasia. But I wanna buy you everything in this world that you like.

Me: you don't even know me, Ethan.

Him: I know enough. Now go get those shoes. They're really beautiful, I approve of them. They'll look great on you.

Me: I don't want them. Come and take your credit card. Please.

Him: don't be so stubborn, Anastasia.

Me: you are the one who's so stubborn!

Him: nope.

Me: Ethan, will you just come here?!

Him: you want to see me, babe?

Me: yes.

Him: your wish is my command.

I looked up from my phone screen to see if he was actually coming my way and indeed he was. My eyes made contact with his beautiful ones. There was a gentle smile on his face as he made his way towards me, walking gracefully. And then, he was finally in front of me.

"You wanted to see me. Here I am." He said to me with a smile gracing his face. I put my hand forward with his credit card in it and he looked down at it before looking back up at me. "It's yours now." He said.

"No. I don't want it. It's yours and only yours." I said and took his hand in mine, shivers of delight running down my spine. I placed the credit card in his palm and retreated my hand.

"There. Goodbye now. I have to return to my cousin." I said.

"You are one stubborn girl, Anastasia. But I'm also not someone who gives up so easily." Ethan said. I didn't respond and turned around immediately to see that Ariana was watching this whole scene intently from some distance. I walked towards her, not daring to even glance back at Ethan.