4. Intoxicating

(674 words)

I was wondering what tomorrow would bring me. This is what it brought.

There I was standing in Ariana's college, watching Ethan stalking towards me just like last time, looking deep into my eyes. I tried my best to keep calm. Calm down, Ana. He's doing this on purpose. He's just teasing you. And just like last time, he shook hands with some guy and started talking to him. I took in a sharp breath of air, but before I could relax, my breath got caught in my lungs. A soft, warm hand wrapped around mine, causing tingles to run through my entire body. I looked to my side with wide eyes and saw Ethan busy in conversation with that guy, but his hand was wrapped around mine. Oh God, oh God, Oh God. What the hell is he doing?! I tried to pull my hand away but he tightened his grip. My heart was beating ferociously in my chest, wanting to escape the ribcage. It became impossible to breathe or to concentrate. I felt his thumb graze the palm of my hand, causing shivers to run through my body. His touch felt so good. And it was only my hand he was touching...

"Ana!" I heard Ariana's excited exclaim and in an instant Ethan's hand was gone, taking the warmth away. I couldn't bring myself to move or say something. Ariana pulled me into a hug and my eyes slowly went to Ethan who was busy chatting with that guy. Ariana pulled back and murmured in my ear, "ready to go, Ana? Or do you wanna stay and gawk at Mr. Hottie?" I shook my head, not being able to process a reply. Ari took my hand and pulled me towards the parking lot. I was in a trance as I drove. Ariana said something to me, but I was unable to pay attention. I glanced at my hand that was holding the steering wheel. The hand where his hand had been. Shivers ran down my spine as I remembered his touch.

It was like the world around me had disappeared. No one's touch had ever felt that way. Not even Aaron's. I didn't know when we arrived at Ari's place, and she got off because I was lost completely in the feeling of his touch. I could still feel his thumb lingering on my palm.

His touch was intoxicating.

———

"You're so quiet today, Ana." Annie commented as we strolled around with our other friends, excluding Elsa who hadn't arrived yet.

"I have nothing to say." I replied, shrugging slightly. I still hadn't recovered from yesterday's incident. I know it may seem like a very petty thing. But it meant so much to me. It was so unexpected and felt so good. When he had held my hand, I felt so warm inside. It was obviously a small gesture. I've had one boyfriend before, Aaron, as you might've figured out. So yeah, I've been touched in a lot of places and kissed too. But all of Aaron's touches and kisses combined were nothing compared to Ethan's single touch.

"HI GUYS! HI ANA!" Elsa greeted us with her usual loud and high-pitched voice. That girl was hella loud. Reminded me of my cousin. We all greeted her back, and I gave her a big hug. We were both really close to each other.

"Guess what, guys?!" Elsa exclaimed, once again, in her loud voice.

"What?" We all asked in unison.

"You have to guess." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh come on, Elsa! Just tell us." Annie prompted.

Elsa huffed like a child. "Fine. We only have to attend three classes today and afterwards, we'll be going to the auditorium because the debate competition is today." Elsa told us.

"Yay!" Annie cheered.

"Oh oh most importantly!" Elsa gushed, just as we were about to part to go to our respective classes.

"Yeah?" Alyssa asked, looking impatient.

"Hot billionaire, CEO of AB Enterprises, Ethan Woods is the special guest of today's competition!"

Oh no.