20. "Kiss me, Ethan."

(2119 words)

I was once a very cheerful and optimistic girl. The one who believed in love and all that. But then I met Aaron. And my whole life changed. I wasn't the same optimistic person anymore. I began to build walls around me to protect myself. It was hard for me to trust people. Love was something that seemed impossible for me to find. But then I met Ethan Woods.

He was a guy who knew how to fight for someone you love. Gosh, I loved his stubbornness and his determination to not give up. He managed to take down my walls brick by brick and made his way straight into my heart.

Last night was like a fairytale. It was perfect. I had no words to describe my happiness and excitement. I had never even imagined my proposal to be that perfect and amazing.

I was in class currently but obviously not focusing. I kept glancing at my engagement ring and grinning like a fool as I realised that I was engaged to Ethan Woods. I had no idea how the entire female population would react to that but I knew for sure that they won't be pleased. Ethan was every girl's crush after all.

My friends kept teasing me about Ethan the whole time we were in college. 'Have you guys kissed yet?' 'OMG you get to touch Ethan Woods.' 'You're so lucky, he's such a hottie.' 'When are you guys gonna get intimate?' 'Ooh Ethan's wife, huh? Mrs. Ethan.'

Their remarks made me blush a lot and I tried avoiding them but that was an impossible thing to do. After college I walked to the parking lot and couldn't find my car anywhere. I panicked, frantically looking around for it. I parked it right there. Where could it go?!

"Mrs. Ethan?" A guy approached me.

I took a step back, becoming alert. Remember your self-defence techniques. "Yes?" I asked hesitantly.

He extended his hand forward and I backed away from him, afraid. But he hadn't taken out any weapon, instead he held keys in his hand. "Mr. Woods bought this car for you." he said gesturing with his head toward a car behind him. My eyes widened. It was a silver Mercedes. That guy was nuts.

"Ethan bought it for me?" I asked, not being able to believe.

"Yes, ma'am." He replied, still holding out the keys, waiting patiently for me to take them. Reluctantly, I took them from his hand. "Th-thanks." I stuttered. This was unbelievable.

"You're welcome, ma'am. Is there anything else I can do for you?" He asked. I gulped, shaking my head.

"Would you like any help with the car?" He asked. I shook my head again.

"Alright, ma'am. I'll just take my leave then."

"Okay." I replied. He nodded his head and then turned to leave. I watched as he went to sit in a big black car and the car drove away. So this was how it would be? Was this what getting married to a billionaire meant? He was just going to continuously buy me expensive gifts?

Reluctantly I walked towards the car, eyeing it carefully. It was hella gorgeous. I opened the door to the driver seat and admired the interior. It smelled new and fresh. I carefully sat in and closed the door. All I could hear was my own breathing as I stared in awe at the beautiful car I was sitting in. What became of my car though? I wondered before inserting the key in the ignition and beginning to drive. I drove slowly and carefully. I felt as if increasing the speed just a little bit might damage the car. I wanted to be careful. Plus it was my first time driving such a big car.

———

I pushed the main door to my home open and everything was quiet. I guessed that my parents weren't home and proceeded to walk upstairs to my bedroom. "Whoa!" I exclaimed, startled as I opened the door to my bedroom. "What are you doing here?" I asked him the same question I had asked him when he was here last time. I entered my room, closing the door behind me.