19. The Best Night Of My Life

(2692 words)

*ETHAN's POV*

"I love you too." She said in that beautiful voice of hers and my heart stood still in my chest while my body stiffened in surprise. My eyes were wide as I carefully registered her words in my mind. I love you too. I had been dying to hear those words from her mouth. I understood that it was hard for her to easily say them and I respected that. To be able to finally hear her say those words brought me so much happiness, warmth and relief. It was like a missing piece had fallen into place.

"Ethan?" Her voice was nervous.

"Yes, baby girl?" I asked her happily.

"Go attend that meeting now."

I chuckled. "Of course, your highness. I shall see you tonight. Take care. Bye."

———

As I walked out of the meeting having finalised another deal worth millions, I quickly fished my phone out of my pocket to see if I had any missed texts or calls, specifically from Anastasia.

To my delight, there was one text from her.

Anastasia: due to this whole proposal thing, I forgot to thank you for those shoes. You are truly unbelievable and unpredictable, Mr. Woods, as well as stubborn. But still, thank you very much.

Her message brought a smile to my face. She had no idea that I was willing to do every damn thing for her. I gave her a reply back.

Me: you are most welcome, Anastasia. This is nothing. I can give you everything you desire.

I waited a couple moments for her reply but didn't get it. Ethan, you're not always going to get instant replies. I always tried my best to reply to her texts instantly no matter how busy I was. I was so smitten by her.

———

*ANA's POV*

I fished my closet for an outfit to wear when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I said. Mom walked in with a big parcel in her hand. "What's that?" I asked her as she placed it on my bed.

She shrugged her shoulders. "It's from Ethan. Check it out." She said before leaving my room. Again? He sent me something again? I got that the guy had a lot of money but he didn't have to always spend so much of it on me.

Nevertheless I opened the parcel and gasped seeing the contents. I took out the long blue dress inside that was carefully wrapped. I carefully opened it and gazed at its beauty. It was a very gorgeous dress. But that wasn't the only thing the parcel contained. It had a rectangular slim box as well. Another gasp escaped my lips as I opened it. It contained a beautiful diamond necklace along with matching diamond earrings. The design was lovely and unique. Damn, that guy had great choice. That wasn't all. The parcel had a box that contained matching blue shoes. They were from none other than Michael Kors.

This guy was.... amazing.

I sent him the following text:

Me: you're seriously unbelievable, Mr. Woods. There was no need of all these things.

He replied within two minutes.

Ethan: it would give me immense pleasure if you wore all these things tonight.

Me: as you say, sir.

Ethan: sir. I like that. ;)

I blushed bright red before shaking my head. This guy was unbelievable.