14. "I AM NOT YOURS."

(1006 words)

*Ethan's POV*

A girl hadn't ever caught my attention like Anastasia did. I was never interested in even having a conversation with any girl. My family, my friends and even I thought that I would die single. But life is unpredictable. It was so unexpected how I saw Anastasia in my cousin's college. My cousin, Adeline, was one annoying and clingy girl. She had forced me and our cousin, Zayn, the co-owner of AB Enterprises, to pick her up and we had initially declined. But she talked to my mother and my mother talked us into picking her. I remember how annoyed and frustrated we initially were. But then a few days later, the most beautiful girl that I'd ever seen showed up there.

Her eyes were a gorgeous mixture of dark and light brown and so were her hair. Her hair glittered in the sunlight, making it seem like there were crystals in them. The two shades of brown in her hair made it look so unique and beautiful. Her face was innocent, sweet and beautiful. It was as if the beauty inside of her was reflecting outside. I probably sounded really cheesy. And never in the 20 years that I'd been alive had I thought that I would be thinking or speaking like this.

I was seriously smitten. That's what Zayn kept telling me. Anastasia was all I talked and thought about. The girl was driving me crazy. I grinned like a fool as I thought about our night.  I slept so peacefully next to her. I've never slept so peacefully in my whole life.

I was supposed to be doing some paperwork but instead I was thinking about her. Her beautiful eyes, her innocent pretty face, her soft pink lips that felt so good on my skin, her lovely soft little hands. Everything about her was perfect. She was made specially for me.

I couldn't leave the paperwork hanging forever, so I started working on it. I had always been a workaholic. Work was always my number one priority. Now, my number one priority was Anastasia. Zayn had told everyone at home about how I was beguiled by her. My family was already dying to meet her. If only she knew. She thought I was playing with her. But I felt like she was starting to ease up to me. I couldn't blame her for not opening up to me instantly. I respected and admired the way she was. But yeah, honestly, I was dying to hear her say 'I love you too'. The moment she would say those words, I would feel complete, happy, at peace and lucky.

After finishing my work, I picked up my phone and sent her a text.

I'm really missing you, Anastasia. How are you doing?

I went to talk about some business-related things with Zayn in his cabin. That took an hour long as we had to sort some stuff out. When I returned to my cabin, I checked my phone desperately. No text from Anastasia. I frowned thinking that since it was Saturday, she couldn't be busy. Ethan, she can't be available 24 hours a day. Keep calm.

I shoved my phone into my pants pocket and made my way to the elevator. I tapped my foot as I waited for the elevator to land on the ground floor. That took some time, considering that mine and Zayn's building had a lot of floors.

I drove home with nothing but Anastasia on my mind.

———

*Anastasia's POV*

I woke up in a dark room that had a little amount of light. My head felt heavy and was pounding. I tried to adjust my eyes to the little amount of light in the unknown room. Where am I? A dark silhouette stepped into the light. I blinked to see who it was. Aaron.

I glared with all my might at him. I tried to move but discovered that my arms and feet were tied. "What the heck, Aaron?" I spat at him.

"Ah you look hella tempting like this, Ana." He said and I glared at him harder, not that it was giving me any benefit.

"Let me go." I said to him through gritted teeth. He let out an evil laugh before his face morphed into a cold and serious one. "Anastasia Kaden, you're not leaving me ever again. You are mine."

"NO! I'm Ethan's!" I screamed out without thinking and surprised not only him but also myself.

His face contorted into an angry one. He looked absolutely awful when he was mad. "Who the fuck is Ethan?" He roared with so much anger, it made me shake.

"He's the love of my life. And he'll kill you for doing this to me." I told him, trying to appear all brave and strong when inside, I was very afraid. It wasn't like Ethan would actually know where I am. Maybe he won't even care. But the way he spent the night with me showed me that he did care.

Before I could register anything properly, I felt a sudden stinging sensation on my cheek, causing it to turn to one side. My mouth went wide open and it took me a couple minutes to realise that Aaron had slapped me. He slapped me. Anger took over me and I struggled to free myself from the ropes. It was of no use. They just bit into my skin more, paining me and making me more uneasy.

"YOU ARE MINE, YOU BITCH." He shouted.

"I AM NOT YOURS." I shouted back furiously. He growled loudly and slapped me again, causing my eyes to brim with tears. I refused to let them out.

"You're gonna stay here, you little slut. You're gonna stay with me forever." He said before kicking me in the stomach, making me scream and grunt and then leaving the room. I laid there like a lifeless body, broken, hurt, scared and cold. The last words I remember uttering before I fainted were... "Ethan..."