7. Aaron

(895 words)

Not every moment is supposed to be perfect. Not all things go as expected. You know those scenes in movies where a boy and a girl are about to kiss and get interrupted? Yeah? Well that's what happened with me.

Ethan walked towards me slowly like a predator approaching his prey. He stopped when he was mere inches away from me. My heart stood still in my chest as I watched him lean in. I breathed in his heavenly masculine scent, and found myself leaning towards him, closing my eyes....only to hear a loud ringtone. I jumped away from him, startled. "Relax, Anastasia. It's just my phone." He said, chuckling and it was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard.

So yeah, there I was, driving home, slightly despondent. Ethan had to go almost immediately because of some business stuff. There was a shift in his mood, from sexily playful to dead-serious. Apparently whatever he heard over the phone pissed him off.

I sighed, replaying that day's events in my head. Today was one crazy day. I had almost kissed Ethan Woods. I had been so close to him. I had been able to smell him, and had gotten the chance to listen to his gorgeous voice.

Suddenly, I saw a familiar person in the car next to mine. I looked carefully to see who it was and my heart started beating rapidly. It was Aaron. He was also looking in my direction. I aggressively stepped on the accelerator and started driving away as fast as I could. He was close behind me. He was an expert in driving fast anyway.

I couldn't go home. We had moved to a new house and I didn't want him to know where it was. I drove as fast as I could, dodging other vehicles. I have no idea how I managed to do that. It was crazy and life-threatening.

I pulled my car into the parking lot of a grocery store, quickly got out, locked my car and ran to an isolated alley. I rested my back against a wall and started panting, trying to catch my breath. Flashbacks of his words started haunting my mind.

"Just one picture, babe. One sexy picture." He had been at it for about an hour. I had already told him a hundred times that I wasn't comfortable with the idea.

"Aaron, I'm not comfortable with it..."

"To hell with your comfort!" He growled over the phone. "Your boyfriend asks you for one damn nude and you can't even do that, then you claim to love me." He was the best at emotional blackmailing.

~
"Why the fuck were you with that dude? You're cheating on me, huh? Being a little slut?"

~

"You should have informed me if not ask for permission before going out!"

I started panting and forced myself to stop thinking. Don't think about him, Ana. I closed my eyes and tried to calm my racing heart and uneven breathing. I was beginning to calm down when I heard the voice I dreaded.

"Found you, Ana." He said in a sinister tone. My heart stopped and I slowly turned my face towards him. I straightened, making a proper plan in my mind regarding self-defence. I made a neutral face, trying to show that I was unaffected when in reality, I was very scared.

He stalked towards me slowly and the hair on my neck stood. I was scared beyond belief. Aaron was a dangerous person. He wasn't good at all. He was a very terrible person. He could do anything, even to the person he loved, especially when he was angry. And at that moment, he seemed very angry.

He stopped when he was close enough to me, and I kept my chin up, trying my best to keep a strong facade. "What the hell do you want, Aaron?" I spat angrily.

"I want you to come back to me." His tone was surprisingly calm. I glared at him. "Never."

His face morphed into an ugly one. "You must obey me." His words angered me more. "I am under no obligation to obey you." I raised my voice.

"Anastasia Kaden, I will drag you to my house from here and give you a dose of what it's like to defy me." My palm went flying across his face when I heard his pathetic words. I was no longer in a relationship with him, and I absolutely did not need to tolerate him further. Hitting him was something the old me would never have dared to do for fear of angering him. Do? The thought wouldn't even have crossed my mind.

His face went sideways and I saw the shock on his face. He straightened and furiously grabbed me, pushing me against the wall, causing me to hit my head. "Get off me, you fool!" I yelled and he slapped me. Aaron Brown slapped me. Repulsion and fury overcame me.

I kneed him as hard as I could in the balls, making him back away from me and fall to the ground, groaning in pain. I kicked his stomach, causing him to grunt more in pain. "Never. Ever. Dare. Touch. Me. Again." I spoke through gritted teeth, kicked him one last time before running to my car and hastily driving away with a trembling body.