The Road Goes Ever On

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Keith looked dumbfounded for a few seconds, then he chose to dismiss it. "Uh, nothing, never mind."

"Hey Keithy boy, I hear all the classroom work has made you into a limp noodle." said Lance, approaching. "While working in the farm has made me tough as Xekotian steel." he said flexed his arm dramatically.

"What are you doing?" asked Keith, raising his brow.

"Challenging you." smirked Lance. "Arm wrestling battle, all or nothing."

"And what do I get if I win?"

"I will babysit the little beasts 2 nights a week for the rest of the year."

"Oh, really? And what do you win?"

"Satisfaction." Lance grinned.

"Alright, you're on." said Keith, putting his glass down. "But you're gonna regret it."

"I've already got a million regrets, what's one more?" shrugged Lance.

"A million and one." said Kanna, taking a sip of her drink.

---

Meanwhile, Max and John were making an attempt at a prank.

Little Max suggested they try to scare Slav, which in itself wasn't too hard to do.

The engineer had spent the whole afternoon complaining about how grey was a dangerous colour to be sporting on that day, for probability reasons. So naturally, the boys propped a bucket of grey paint on top of a tree above Slav's head. The simple pull of a rope would result in a panicked grey man running around the festival.

"Don't worry." said Max, smiling maliciously. "He'll never know what depilatated him."

"I think you just misused a word, but I don't know what it means." said John, raising his brow.

Just as they were about to pull the rope, both boys got lifted up by their collars.

"And what are you two up to?" said Shiro, holding them.

"Uhh, nothing." said John.

"Just playing." added Max.

"So the bucket on top of that tree and Slav sitting under it has nothing to do with you?"

"Nope." the boys replied at the same time.

Shiro lifted his brow at the boys, showcasing his disbelief.

"Alright, we were gonna prank him." admitted Max. "It's harmless, Uncle Shiro."

"Yeah, it's just Slav." shrugged John. "Breathing around him is basically enough to make him go bananas."

Shiro chuckled, putting the boys back down.

"You know, this is the kind of stuff I would scold your dad for when he was your age." Shiro said, looking at John.

Max and John exchanged worried looks, figuring they were in trouble.

"But, I have been wanting to get Slav back for the 5 years he took from my life the day I rescued him from that Galra prison..."

In a few minutes, Shiro and the kids were laughing and being chased around by an angry Slav, covered in paint.

"I married a child." whispered Curtis, who was observing from a distance.

---

"Oh, come on!" complained Lance, who had just been defeated in the arm wrestling battle. "Rematch!"

"We've done this four times." said Keith. "I won. Which means I can tell Kanna we now get two nights a week to ourselves."

"I can't believe I agreed to that."

"You didn't agree to it, you suggested it." Keith got up to leave, with a victorious smile on his face. "Oh, and Ally just started playing the recorder. Have fun with that."

Lance sank into his chair, wallowing in despair.

---

Hunk, Matt and Pidge were watching the festival's play, which was put on by Bii-Boh-Bi and his friends every year.

This year, it was a romance, and while no one really understood what was going on, Hunk seemed quite moved.

"He just wanted her to love him for who he was!" he sobbed, blowing his nose into a tissue.

"Hunk, you're a father for crying out loud, pull yourself together!" said Pidge.

"It's just so sad!"

"In Hunk's defence, I did appreciate the way they said 'bo-bo bii bo bi' to illustrate the sorrow in the final scene." said Matt, sarcastically.

Pidge laughed. "Come on, let's go play some games and get prizes for old times sake."

---

Kanna was sitting on a table, watching from a distance as Kosmo chased Ally, John and Max around in the juniberry fields, when Keith made his way over to sit beside her.

"Seems like they have more fun each year." he said, smirking.

"They are growing so fast." Kanna smiled in a sad, nostalgic way. "I feel like time is slipping through my fingers."

"I know, it seems like just yesterday we said goodbye to our lions."

"And now look at us." Kanna chuckled.

"I have you to thank for all of it, Kanna. You gave me the world." said Keith, putting his arm around his wife. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, space cowboy." she rested her head on his shoulder.

---

The sun would soon begin to set, so Coran gathered the whole Voltron family before the feast began.

"Come on everyone! Time for a picture!" said Coran. "Let's get some benches here in the back, stand on your tip toes, whatever it takes - but we'll fit everyone in on this one!"

Merla grabbed the camera and snapped a picture of the new Voltron family, happy and united as ever - forever.