The Black Paladin

The paladins quickly got to their lions and formed Voltron, setting off in the pursuit of Shiro.

To their surprise, however, they saw Shiro's pod flying into a wormhole.

"Is that..?" asked Kanna.

"A wormhole?" said Lance.

"They're trying to escape!" said Keith.

"How is this possible?" asked Pidge.

"Haggar." said Allura. "It has to be Haggar. She must have gained the ability. But how?

"We can't worry about that." said Keith. "We have to make sure we get Shiro back."

"But Shiro's not Shiro anymore." said Hunk.

"I know, but something is wrong with him. The Galra or Lotor have to be behind it." said Keith. "You all know he would never give up on us. We can't give up on him."

"Guys, the wormhole is about to close! We're not gonna make it!" said Hunk.

"Hunk, Allura, we need thrusters!" said Keith.

"We're trying!" said Allura.

Voltron was flying at max speed, but the wormhole was almost completely shut.

"We need to dismantle." said Keith.

"What?" asked the paladins, in unison.

"The energy from disconnecting might create enough thrust to propel me through the wormhole. Kanna, you need to help me with your lion's wings." said Keith.

"But then only the two of you will get through!" said Hunk.

"DOT IT!" said Keith.

The separation force shot Kanna and Keith forwards, since they made up the torso and shoulders. Kanna activated her lion's wings, propelling them forward even faster.

Luckily, the two were able to make it just before the wormhole closed.

---

When the two paladins made it out of the wormhole, they arrived in the middle of a massive Galra fleet.

"Alright Kanna, we have play this smart." said Keith.

"Right." agreed Kanna.

The two lions flew through the Galra ships, evading shots but not engaging in attacks.

That's when they saw Shiro's pod leaving a Galra battle cruiser and flying away.

"Keith! That's Shiro's ship!" pointed out Kanna.

"Let's go after him."

The two paladins followed after the pod, and attempted to contact Shiro through the radio.

"Shiro, come on." said Keith. "I know you're there! I don't know what's wrong, but I know we can fix this."

"We can help you!" said Kanna.

But there was no response

Shiro's trail lead them to what looked like and abandoned Galra base.

Everything about the place screamed ambush, but Kanna knew they had no choice.

They landed their lion's on the planet's surface and followed footprints through the terrain, until their reached  a tower-like building.

Climbing to the top, Keith and Kanna arrived a massive platform.

On it, was a long file of cylinder - shaped containers filled with liquid.

Kanna approached of the cylinders to see what it contained, when suddenly the lights went on.