Keith's Past

"Coran, when will we be arriving at the Blade of Marmora's base?" asked Shiro.

"Based on the corrdinates that Ulaz gave us, we should be there within a few doboches." said Coran.

"I can't wait to see it. I mean, they were able to fold space time and that was just at an outpost! Imagine how amazing their home base will be!" said Pidge.

Pidge's enthusiasm made Kanna smile.

"The base is within range." announced Coran.

"Take us in slowly." commanded Shiro.

"That might prove the tiniest bit of a challenge." said Coran.

When the paladins approached to see what lay ahead, they were shocked.

"Is that a black hole?" asked Hunk.

"No no no..." said Coran. "Its two black holes. And a giant blue star."

The blue star was positioned between the two black holes, that seemed to create an endless tunnel of matter movement around it.

"That's not better." said Hunk.

"No kidding. Just inside a black hole the temperature is one millionth of a degree above absolute zero." said Pidge. "But, just outside of that, its hundreds of millions of degrees Celcius."

"Oh okay, its like when you try to nuke a frozen burrito on the microwave and it comes out all scorching hot on the outside but its still frozen in the middle, right?" asked Hunk.

Kanna was amazed at how that actually made sense.

"Now I'm hungry for lunch." said Lance.

"Guys, QUIET!" screamed Keith. "Coran, where is the base located?"

"In between those three diddly celestial objects." said Coran, pulling up the location on the screen.

"The perfect defensive position." said Kanna.

"Or the perfect trap." said Allura.

"Yeah, I'm with Allura. Maybe we shouldn't go in there at all?" said Hunk.

"What are you talking about?" snapped Keith. "We have to go in! This is the whole reason we came out here! There is no other option."

"Keith, calm down!" said Kanna, taken aback by his anger.

"Jeez, what's up with you?" asked Lance.

Suddenly, a message appeared on the ship's main screen, accompanied by a voice:

"Identify yourself." said the voice.

"Open a response frequency, Coran." said Shiro.

He then turned to the screen and said:

"We are the paladins of Voltron. We were sent here by Ulaz."

Shiro's response was followed by a few moments of silence. The message on the screen then changed.

"Only two may enter. Come unarmed." said the voice.

"Why would they insist we come unarmed? Shiro, this doesn't feel right." said Allura.

Kanna was uneasy as well. She knew the Blade of Marmora could be very helpful to Voltron, but she was worried about the possibility of them knowing too much; about Lotor and her past. Ulaz had gotten close enough.

"We've come too far to turn back now." said the Voltron leader.

"They just sent us the route for the base." said Coran. "But we'll have to move quickly. Because of the solar flares, its only open for another varga. Then is will be closed for two quintents."