From Love Comes Life

"Are you sure?" Romelle asked, over a video transmission with Kanna.

"Yeah. I'm sure." replied the paladin.

"I'm so happy for you!" Romelle smiled. "But why don't you seem as happy as you should be?"

"I'm just... I guess I'm nervous."

"About what?"

"Telling Keith."

"Why? Kanna, he will be so happy!"

"But I don't know if we're ready."

"What? Of course you are, you've been taking care of Akia for years."

"That's the problem." Kanna looked down at her hands. "We got on a fight over something that happened with Akia, and it made me worry about how we can do something this big together."

"Kanna, don't be ridiculous! Stuff like that happens, and will continue happening, it's a normal part of marriage! But you two love each other and that is all that you need to get through it!"

"I hope so..."

"You know I'm right." Romelle smirked.

"How are the wedding plans going, by the way?" Kanna asked.

"Pretty spectacular! But, I can tell you about them later. You have someone you need to talk to."

"Now?!"

"Yes, now! Don't make me get Pidge on the line."

"Fine. Fine, I'll go."

"Good. Call me after, okay? It will be great."

"I will."

"I'm so happy for you, Kanna. I really am."

"Thank you, Mel."

The transmission was off and Kanna took a deep breath, putting her hand over her stomach.

"Guess I gotta go find Keith." she whispered to herself.

-

"Vanë, I need to talk to you." said Kanna, approaching her husband.

"Sure, I just have to finish a debriefing quickly." said Keith, standing at his post in the Oryon's bridge.

"Keith, I just need a minute."

"Captain, I need you to read over the transcript for the announcement to sector 67 beta." said Nyma, interrupting them.

"Okay, sure Nyma just leave it here I'll look it over." said Keith.

Kanna was getting nervous. She needed to tell him.

"Keith, listen-"

"Rolo" said Keith "can you talk to Slav about the adjustments to the third booster-"

"Keith!" Kanna shouted.

"What?" he said, turning around to face her.

Before Kanna could say anything, she felt the nauseous feeling traveling up her throat.

She quickly covered her mouth and ran to the bathroom, leaving Keith and the others on the bridge dumbfounded.

--

Kanna was leaning on the toilet when her husband showed up at the door, looking very worried.

"Kanna, what happened? Are you okay?" he said, kneeling by her side.

Akia, Slav and Acxa then showed up at the door as well, looking to see what was wrong.

"Yeah, I'm fine." said Kanna. "Just nauseous."