The Way Forward

Team Voltron was making its way across the universe attempting to get to Earth.

They had been flying for a couple of hours, when Krolia took notice of their location:

"I recognize this system." she said. "There is a Blade of Marmora rally point located on a moon here. We should check in on them and get an update on their operations."

Keith nodded and sent out a radio announcement to the others:

"Team, we're going to make a quick stop. Everyone follow me."

The lions of Voltron then flew towards the location indicated by Krolia.

There, they landed on the base and made their way inside on foot.

However, once the team made it inside, they found that the base had been deserted.

The door was so rusty that the paladins had to force it open, and the inside of the building was in ruins.

"It doesn't look like anyone's been here for years." said Keith.

"The system won't boot." said Pidge, attempting to get the base's control panel running. "The backup power must have been out for a while."

"If the blade of mamora abandoned this place, that means something really bad must have happened." said Hunk.

"That's impossible." said Krolia. "This base was still fully operational during my last check in with the blades."

Suddenly, the whole base started shaking. Pieces of metal and ruble fell as the ruins began to fall apart.

"Whats's going on?" asked Hunk.

"We're being attacked!" said Coran.

"Everyone, back to the lions." said Keith.

The paladins ran back to their respective lions, and once they launched into space, they got a visual of their attackers.

A Galra fleet was making their way around the system, taking shots at team Voltron.

"Its just a small fleet." said Keith. "Mostly fighters."

"That's good, we should be able to take them out pretty easily." said Lance.

"Guys, remember we are flying at low power." pointed out Pidge.

"Pidge is right. Everyone stay sharp." said Keith, as the lions attempted to evade the fire from the Galra ships.

The fleet wasn't too threatening, but the lions' lack of power was making fighting back pretty difficult.

"Keith, we gotta do something, we're getting our quiznack handed to us!" said Lance.

"Alright everyone, form Voltron!" commanded Keith.

The lions got in formation and tried to form Voltron; but despite the paladins' attempt, the lions weren't merging.

"What's going on?" asked Pidge.

"The power is too low! We can't form Voltron!" said Allura.

"Now what?" asked Hunk.

"WE RUN!" screamed Keith.

The paladins flew their lions at full speed, trying to get away from the fleet.

However, it didn't take long for the fighters to single out each lion, and without much power, the paladins couldn't defend themselves.

Soon, each member of the team was taken out by the Galra fighters, and the lions, were all captured by the Galra, who used a laser barrier to trap them.