Kral Zera - Part 2

The bombs went off under the ceremonial grounds, causing a deafening sound to travel through the area.

Lotor and Sendak were battling fiercely, when Keith suddenly jumped out from below the staircase and tackled the prince, moving him out of the way as fire and smoke began to emerge from below.

Keith and Lotor rolled down the stairs as the ground began to crumble and rocks flew in all directions.

Sendak, who had also managed to dodge the explosion, emerged from the rubble looking furious.

"Lotor has betrayed us to Voltron!" he screamed to the baffled crowd of Galra. "Fire on the Black Lion!"

The Galra commanders then sent signals to their fleets, causing hundreds of ships to approach the planet ready to fire.

Inside the black lion, Shiro and Kanna felt the lion tremble as laser beams exploded around them.

"I gotta draw their fire!" said Shiro.

"Wait!" said Kanna, as she looked out into the grounds below. "That's Keith!"

"What is he doing there?" asked Shiro, confused.

"I don't know, but I'm guessing the Blades had something to do with the explosions." said Kanna. "I have to get down there and help!"

"Kanna, no! Its far too dangerous!" protested Shiro.

"I'm sorry!" she said, as she exited the lion and walked out into the chaos below.

---

The Galra commanders had begun battling each other, as the cruisers above continued shooting down onto the area.

Kanna activated her bayard and joined the battle, attempting to make her way to Keith and Lotor, who were fighting Sendak.

As she fought her way through, she brought down several Galra soldiers and approached the bottom of the staircase. That's when Kanna saw them.

Standing by the witch Haggar, were the girls from Lotor's team. Acxa, Ezor, Zethrid... but she noticed Narti was missing.

Kanna didn't have time to worry about them though, so she continued making her way through battle field.

However, when Kanna heard the sound of a loading gun, she stopped on her tracks.

Acxa was pointing a gun at her, ready to fire.

Kanna deactivated her bayard and began to slowly turn to face her attacker with her hands up.

When the white paladin turned around and Acxa saw her old friend's face, she was left open-mouthed.

"Kanna" she whispered in disbelief.

"Its good to see you, Acxa." said Kanna, smiling softly.

"I told you I would kill you if I ever saw you again." said Acxa, frowning.

Kanna didn't respond. She just stood still.

Acxa ground her teeth in frustration, as she kept the weapon aimed at Kanna, unsure what to do.

Kanna wanted to say something, but she didn't even know where to start.

After what felt like forever, Acxa closed her eyes and lowered the weapon.

She looked at Kanna in the eyes and without saying a word she turned and left, joining Haggar and the others as they escaped on a ship.

"Acxa..." whispered the white paladin, as she watched her old friend run away.