Castle Invasion

It was celebration day at the Castle of Lions. Princess Allura opened the castle doors for Arusians to celebrate alongside team Voltron. It was a very cheerful time. The Arusians were very excited to be among the paladins.

Hunk and Pidge could be seen trying some Arusian snacks, resulting in an array of physical reactions ranging from pain, to nausea, to tingling of the limbs.

Kanna was playing a game with a group of Arusians, while a little green sat on her lap and another braided her hair.

Keith was making his way around the party, when an Arusian jumped to hug him:

"Uhhh, I don't usually hug strangers, but man you are really cuddly." said Keith.

"Thank you." the Arusian replied, his voice octaves lower than Keith had expected, judging by the look on the boy's face.

Shiro looked concerned as he looked around:

"Coran, are you sure having people walking in and out of the castle is a good idea? Feels to me a safety concern."

"Oh do not worry Shiro, the Arusians are nothing to worry about. They are harmless." reassured Coran.

As if on queue, a huge blast sounded from the central energy room.

"What was that?" asked Shiro, who ran towards the source of the noise, followed by the rest of the paladins who were present.

Meanwhile, the Arusians began to panic and run out of the castle in waves.

The main energy room had been destroyed, and Lance was passed out on the floor, looking severely injured.

"Lance!" said Shiro, as he ran towards the blue paladin.

"What happened? Who caused the explosion?" asked Princess Allura.

"I don't know, but Lance is in big trouble." responded Shiro.

"Kanna, I think you may be able to help him." said princess Allura, while looking at Kanna like she knew something the others didn't.

Kanna's eyes widened. How did Allura know?

But it didn't matter. Her team mate needed her help.

"Yeah, I can try." Kanna said, as she kneeled down next to Lance.

She placed her hand over Lance's chest, and started reciting an enchantment, causing her hand to start glowing:

(Reference: Healing Incantation from Tangled, with altered lyrics.)

"Light the old ones hold
Let me be your guide
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt
Change the Fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine

What once was mine."

When she finished, everyone in the room looked absolutely stunned.

"What the-" said Keith

"How did you do that?" asked Pidge, perplexed.

"I did everything I could. It will help to speed up the healing process and alleviate his pain, but he needs more intensive care." said Kanna, with a concerned tone.

In that moment, the Arusian leader entered the room looking distressed:

"HELP! My people need your help! The Galra are attacking the village!"

"The Galra are responsible for this! We should have known." said Princess Allura.

Shiro has been staring at Kanna with shock, but he quickly snapped back to reality: