Auditions (Klaine)

Summary: Kurt and Blaine both land auditions but refuse to tell each other for what. They try to keep it a surprise until they each find out if they got the part.

SPOILERS for season 6 episode 13.

Takes place between time jumps in season 6 episode 13 (about 3 years into the 5 year gap).

—————————————————————

"Baby," Blaine calls out as he comes through the door, putting his bag down on the chair, "you'll never guess what show I just had an audition for! I have a really good feeling about this one. It went really well. I really think I might get the part!"

He finally made it to Kurt who was sitting, sipping coffee in the kitchen.

"You did an audition? Without even telling me?" Kurt said lightly, obviously excited for Blaine. "Does that mean I shouldn't tell you about the audition I just booked for tomorrow?" Kurt asked jokingly with a smirk.

"You got an audition too? What for?" Blaine asks excitingly.

"No. You first. You started." Kurt says.

"No, you tell me yours first."

"No, you." Kurt says teasingly.

"I can wait. Come on." Blaine says.

"Well if thats the case maybe I should keep it a surprise." Kurt smirks, getting up from the chair.

"Well then I guess I won't tell you mine, either." Blaine crosses his arms, teasing Kurt back.

"I guess they'll both be a surprise then."

—————————————————————

A week passed and both boys got callbacks for their part, but still they wouldn't tell each other which show it was for. After callbacks, Blaine knew the part was pretty much his, but now it had become like a game, and if they told each other it might be back luck. Each boy was dying to know the other's show, but they had fun joking about it and keeping it a surprise. They'd figure they'd celebrate and tell each other when they knew for sure if they got the part or not.

They got to keeping it such a surprise that when they each got called back in for a final reading, they didn't even tell each other they were going in. They both gave excuses as to where they would be.

—————————————————————

Kurt was backstage at the theater waiting to be called up. He was auditioning for the upcoming LGBTQ version of Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf? When he saw they were changing a classic show to have a gay couple in it, he jumped at it.

He was auditioning for the character Honey, originally a female character but changed to male for this production, the prefect character for him to play. He felt like the role was made for him, but he knew they were still considering other actors.

The director, sitting with just one other in the house seats of the theater, called out, "Kurt Hummel." and Kurt walked onto stage.

"Ok, Kurt, you know what you're here for." The director said to him, "We want you to read with our most likely candidate for Nick, who will be your husband in the show, to see if you two have chemistry."

"Yes, I understand." Kurt said.

"Ok, Blaine, come on out." the director called.

Kurt heard Blaine's voice from his side, and there coming out from the far wing, was his husband. "Kurt?!"

"Blaine?"

"What are you doing here?" Blaine asked.

"I guess I'm your Honey." Kurt said sarcastically with a smirky smile, putting his hands out and then bringing them back to his thighs. He was just as surprised to see Blaine as Blaine seemed to be about seeing him.

"Wait," the director said, "you two know each other?"

"We're married," Blaine said while he made his way over, "Mr. Brown," Blaine said to the director, "this is my husband, Kurt." and Blaine puts his hand on the small of Kurt's back.

"This is prefect!" Mr. Brown said, getting up from his seat. "Well I guess we don't have to do this chemistry reading. You two couldn't tell me this from the start? Wait - you two - you're good right? chemistry... " Mr. Brown was making awkward hand gestures, struggling for a way to double check the the couple didn't have any issues that could affect them working together.

Blaine moves his arm now to Kurt's shoulder, "Yes," Blaine said looking at Kurt, "We're very happily married."

"So you don't mind if we play to this?" The director gave his assistant a glance. "Like we can advertise this. You're playing a married gay couple and you're actually married! Would you guys be ok with that?"

Kurt and Blaine look at each other and agree without words. "Ya," Blaine says nodding at Mr. Brown.

"I love this man and I don't care who knows it!" Kurt said while messing up Blaine's hair. Blaine goes to fix it

Then Kurt says something so serious very lightly, "People have already tried to kill us, can't get much worst than that." almost as if it's a joke.

"Well..." Mr. Brown said, obviously at a loss for words to what Kurt said, "Then it's decided. We have our Nick and Honey!" Kurt launched himself at Blaine and hugged him tight. Both boys were smiling.

Mr. Brown looked at the happy couple on stage, and knew his show was going to be a hit.