Think I found the 'the one' (St. Berry)

Summary: Rachel introduces the Glee club to her new boyfriend, maybe the person she wants to marry.

SPOILERS for season 6 episode 13.

Takes places somewhere between time jumps in season 6 episode 13 (a little over 2 years after the glee club went their separate ways).

—————————————————————

Rachel, Mercedes, Sam, Artie, Tina, Kurt & Blaine, and Santana & Brittney were all meeting up in New York. Mercedes' Beyoncé Tour was finally there, on it's final stop after over 2 years of touring. The whole gang was getting together to see the show, and to meet back up. They hadn't all been together since the day Mercedes left.

They were all sitting around backstage. They had all come back before the show started to wish Mercedes luck. Things had settled and there was still plenty of time before the show started.

They were all sitting anywhere they could find. Things seemed comfortable between Sam and Mercedes. The sexual tension between Artie and Tina on the other hand was off the charts. Everyone took notice but no one said anything.

The married couples were both sitting side by side, Blaine's arm wrapped around Kurt and Brittney's fingers entwined with Santana's.

Rachel sat near Mercedes, her phone buzzed with a message and a happy smile formed.

"Guys!" Rachel says as she jumps out of her seat, "I have something to tell you. I don't mean to steal your thunder though Mercedes, is it ok?"

"Of course it is girl!" Mercedes could she how much Rachel was glowing. "Tell us!"

Rachel was smiling so big, and everyone was staring at her now, waiting for her next words. "I'm dating someone!"

Everyone starts cheering. Mercedes jumps up, "Omg what's he like?"

"Well he's cute, and he sings; he's on broadway." Everyone 'oooooo'ed.

"And I think he might be the one." Kurt's and Mercedes' mouths fell open. Everyone looked shocked but happy. Rachel deserved this.

"Just be happy for me..." Rachel continues, "this time."

"This time?" Mercedes pipes up, "When were we not- "

"Jesse?" Rachel calls. And from behind the wall, Jessie St. James walks into the room.

He walks straight up to Rachel and grabs her hand, and interlaces their fingers.

Kurt and Blaine were living in NYC with Rachel and Jessie so they were already aware, but everyone else looked shocked as to who it was.

Hand in hand, Jessie and Rachel looked back at their old friends with big smilies on their faces. Then Mercedes walked up to them and gave Jessie a big hug, then Rachel, and whispers in her ear, "I'm so happy for you."

Then she points to Jessie, "You better treat this girl right."

"Oh I will." Jessie replies as he looks Rachel right in her eyes. The whole room could see the love in his eyes.

Then everyone started coming up for hugs and everyone was laughing and happy until they had to go take their seats for the show.

—————————————————————

After Mercedes' show, the whole gang went out to dinner at Sardi's in NYC. The top two topics of discussion were the show (of course) and Rachel's new/old boyfriend, Jessie St. James. As everyone gets to know Jessie again, they can really see that the couple was really happy. Kurt and Blaine could back it up as well, so everyone was excited for Rachel.

Of course, they all start talking about the first time Jessie and Rachel dated. The glee club breaking them up and them staying together, Jessie transferring in and out of McKinley, and them breaking up with Rachel via egg crack on her head. They all laugh about it now.

Jessie shares the story of why he started dating Rachel– the truth about how Shelby wanted him to get close to her because she was her mom- not for the competition. The McKinley kids are surprised, having still assumed it was to spy on their glee club.

"Ya, you guys were great as sectionals, but we weren't all that worried. I was doing Shelby a favor. She had helped me get my scholarship- it was the least I could do for her. And, ya part of me thought it would be fun to spy on you, but then, I really fell for Rachel. Once I worked with you guys, I started to worry a bit about regionals, but by then, I really cared about Rachel, and I didn't want to hurt her."

"You still egged her in the end though!" Mercedes piped up, only half-joking.

"I know, I know. I was such a stupid kid." Jessie tucked a piece of Rachel's hair behind her ear, looking deep into her eyes.

"I am so glad your mom asked me to get close to you, though. Because if she hadn't, we wouldn't be here, and I wouldn't be doing this." Jessie took a deep breath, and let it out through his mouth. Jessie was never nervous, but this made him so, but he kept it together.

He gets up out of his chair, and straightens his suit. A waiter walks by and hands him a mic and then the music starts.

(A more upbeat version of "Thinking out loud" By Ed Sheehan starts playing )

He sings the song to completion, never taking his eyes off of Rachel as he danced around the restaurant. Rachel laughs and smiles during his performance.

Jessie finishes the song inches from Rachel's face. Then he takes a ring box out of his pocket and gets down onto one knee. Rachel's hands fly up to her face to cover her blushing cheeks.

"Rachel, the more I got to know you, the more I fell. What we had then was real, and I really didn't want to hurt you- although I guess I did." He chuckles lightly as does everyone else in the room.

"But I promise that I will never hurt you like that again. And what we have today is so much more. We're not kids anymore but every moment I'm with you, I feel like it's first love all over again. And now, I'm asking you to be my last. Rachel Berry. I love you. I will stand by you through every award you win, and every one you lose– though knowing you I can't imagine there'll be many of those! But no matter what, I promise to love you and support you, forever. Will you be my wife?"

Rachel starts to cry. "Oh no," Jessie says, "Is it too soon?" Then he says even quieter so that hopefully only Rachel hears, "Is it Finn?"

"No, no!" She says through tears. "It's not that. I'm so happy. Yes, Jessie St. James, I'll marry you. Yes!"

Then Jessie starts to tear up as he puts the ring on Rachel's finger. He gets up and they hug, then Jessie wipes his eyes of the tears- he doesn't like to have people see him cry.

Around them their friends are all clapping and cheering- as is the rest of the restaurant

—————————————————————

UPDATE: So I added more to this one-shot and decided to make it its own story. Go check it one call "I Think I Found 'The One' OUT NOW!