Visible in the light (Klaine)

MATURE

Part 2.5 of my "I thought about it once" fanfic but you can also read this as a stand alone piece (which is why I gave it a different title).

Summary: Flashback to Kurt and Blaine in season 3. As things get steamy between them, Kurt finds out something about Blaine's past that turns both of them off.

SPOILERS season 3 episode 5.

Takes place after season 3 episode 5 (soon after Kurt and Blaine have sex for the first time). 

TRIGGER WARNING: Light Smut, Depression, Suicide and Self harm

—————————————————————

Kurt and Blaine were at the Anderson place, upstairs in Blaine's bedroom, and things were starting to get a bit steamy between the two of them. They were all over each other, their lips never parting.

Kurt was the first one to reach under the shirt, and then pull it over Blaine's head. Blaine was turned on by Kurt taking control like this; he had never done that before. It meant that Kurt was starting to feel really comfortable in this.

They had had sex twice before but they were romantic, planned-out nights with low lighting and no one home. This time the room was bright, with the door closed and Blaine's parents downstairs. Kurt just whispered in Blaine's ear, "Want to do it?"

"Ya." Blaine said between kisses. "I have everything in the nightstand. We got to be quiet though." Kurt was on top of him, and it was driving him crazy. " What's with you today?"

"What?" Kurt asked, having just taken off his own shirt.

"Nothing. You. Like this. It's hot."

"Oooh. So you like it?" Kurt said has he pulled at Blaine's waistband. He sat at the edge on the bed, Blaine standing in front of him, as Kurt undid Blaine's belt buckle.

With one fell swoop, he pulled down Blaine's pants and underwear. Then he saw something he wasn't planning on.

On the front of Blaine's thighs were light, red, raised dashes. Kurt stopped. Sex was no-longer on his mind.

Blaine - still hot and bothered with his head rolled back and his eyes closed, waiting for what Kurt was going to do to him - noticed Kurt's pause. "What's wrong?"

"Uhhh..." was all Kurt could get out at first. He was staring at the scars. He slowly raised his hand to touch them.

"What?" Blaine asked again. He felt Kurt's fingers on his thighs but he had forgotten how every other time they had done this, Blaine had made sure the lights were low.

"What's this?" Kurt finally asked.

Blaine looked down, realizing what Kurt meant now, and jumped. "Oh!" he said, quickly pulling up his pants.

"Blaine!" Kurt said as Blaine started to walk away from him.

Blaine wouldn't look at Kurt. He was pacing around the room with his head down in his hands, for over a minute, until Kurt finally said, "Come back here."

Blaine finally walked back to the bed and sat down, but he still wouldn't look into Kurt's eyes. "What do you want to know?" he said slowly.

Kurt was a little stunned at first, not knowing what to ask or say. He knew what he saw, but he asked anyway, "Are those what I think they are?"

"Ya." Blaine said still looking down. "But they're old." he added quickly. "From middle school. Nothing fresh."

"Uh- ok." Kurt didn't know what to say.

"I'm ok now though." Blaine looked up at Kurt. He was so afraid of how Kurt was going to take this. Blaine knew he had to tell him eventually, but he didn't want Kurt to have found them like this. He knew he should have told him before they ever even had sex, but Blaine just didn't know how to bring it up. And now- now Kurt had seen the truth. Blaine couldn't avoid the subject any longer.

"Why though?" Kurt asked, finally putting this thoughts together. "Why did you do it?"

"You know what it's like." Blaine said. "Trying to figure out who you are. You know- being gay. And then being in the closet. And then being out of the closet. You know I was bullied - really bad - forced to leave my school eventually. It just all got to be too much and I just had to... relieve myself. Get out everything I was feeling." Blaine had a hard time looking at Kurt. It was hard to share all this with him; Kurt was so pure, innocent. Blaine didn't want to ruin that.

"Did you ever want to... do something... more?"

Blaine knew what Kurt was asking; he was asking if he ever was going to kill himself. "No. Nothing like that."

"I just never knew you went through all this." Kurt said. "You were so out and proud when I first met you. I'd never imagine-"

"I had my own journey to get there. Just like you. But I'm ok now. I've come a long way. And so have you!" Blaine grabs both of Kurt's hands, "And so have we. Together."

Kurt pulled Blaine close and wrapped his arms around him in a tight hug.

"I love you." Kurt said, not letting go. "And I'm here for you."

"I love you, too Kurt." Blaine said pulling away. "But really, I'm ok now." He said looking straight into Kurt's eyes. "You don't need to worry."