Just say it (Kurt)

Summary: I've realized rewatching glee that at some point Kurt must have come out to the glee club but that scene never actually happens in the show. So I decided to write that short scene.

SPOILERS for season 1 episode 8.

Takes place during season 1 episode 8 (right after Puck chooses Glee Club over football).

—————————————————————

"Where's Finn?" Artie asks, sadly. But he already knew the answer– Finn had chosen football over Glee.

"I guess he's not coming." Quinn replied. She was happy and disappointed at the same time. Glad he was worried, as she was, about their status at school, but still, she slightly wished he was here like the other guys.

Mr. Shue shakes his head, then claps his hands, "Alright then! Time to get started."

As Kurt and the rest of the club took their seats, Kurt felt his blood pressure spike in preparation for what he was about to do. He had planned this– this was the most prefect time to tell everyone. The kids in the room have chosen glee club - their little family - over anything else. He could trust them. He thought Finn would be here for this though.

His heart was beating out of his chest. He didn't know why he was so nervous; he was sure that they all probably knew already - the whole school probably knew! Plus, he already told Mercedes and she'd be on his side. But still, as Mr. Shue quieted the class, his heart grew louder and faster until he thought his chest might explode. He just had to go for it.

"Mr. Shue?" Kurt asked and Mr. Shue directed his attention towards Kurt. "Before we get started, I have something I'd like to say."

"Sure; go for it Kurt."

He walked very slowly to the front of the room, his hands nervously patting his sides. It seemed like minutes for him to cross those few feet, his heart somehow seemed to still be accelerating. Finally, he spun on his toes to face the glee club.

"I have something to tell you all." He looked into each of their faces. Some looked confused, some smirked like they knew what was coming- but at least none of them were making comments. Mercedes smiled at him.

He didn't know if he should say something first, lead into it, but he thought he might lose his nerve. He just had to say it... but he couldn't. However, Kurt had planned for this.

"I have something I've been wanting to tell you all. But I have a hard time finding the words, so... in glee club fashion, I'm gonna tell you in song. Hit it!"

("I'm Coming Out" by Diana Ross starts playing.)

"I'm coming out. I want the world to know. Got to let it show..." Kurt sings.

Kurt does the whole number in front of the glee club. They cheered him on as he preforms and dance in their seats.

When Kurt finished, he smiled, took a breath, and finally said, "I'm gay."

"Big surprise." said Santana with her usual bitchy smirk.

"Ya. We know, dude." Puck piped up, but it wasn't mean.

"I know you probably ALL know." Kurt said to the group. "But a few weeks ago, I finally came out to my dad; and today, you guys." It was like the weight was lifted. His heart was still beating fast but now it was with excitement; no longer a countdown.

Mercedes got up out of her chair, but Rachel beat her to him, "We're so happy for you Kurt!" Rachel squealed and threw her arms around him.

When Rachel let go, Mercedes pulled Kurt into a big hug. She whispers in his ear, "I'm so proud of you, Kurt."

Then the rest of the club starts coming up and squishes Kurt into one big group hug: Tina, Artie, Mr. Shue, Brittney, Mike, Quinn, even Puck on the outside.

After a minute, everyone unravels their arms from one-another. Mr. Shue gives Kurt a pat on the back as the kids return to their seats.

"Ok so today we're doing..." Mr. Shue begins glee club for the day.