Nothing you can do to change me (Klaine)

Summary: Blaine tells his parents about his new boyfriend, Kurt, but his father doesn't take it well. 

SPOILERS for season 2 episode 16. 

Takes place between season 2 episode 16 and 20 (between Kurt and a Blaine getting together and when they go to prom).

Trigger Warning: homophobia, homophobic language (the word used is an offensive gay slur, I do NOT endorse use of the word)

—————————————————————

"Mom, Dad, I have something I'd like to tell you." Blaine said to his parents at the dinner table.

They knew he was gay. He came out in middle school. His mom took it well enough, not happy, but accepted it. His father did not and still refused to talk about it. He acted as if it was something Blaine would just grow out of.

"I'm dating someone." Blaine said. 

"Finally! What's her name?" His father asked.

"It's a boy, dad. I'm still gay." Blaine said jokingly but with an angry undertone.

"Then your not really dating." He father said looking back down at his plate.

"Really dad? You know what? I've had enough of this. When are you going to accept that I'm gay? And I'll always BE GAY!" Blaine shoved back his chair and left the table.

"Blaine!" His mother called out to him. "Finish your dinner!"

But Blaine was already halfway up the stairs.

He flopped onto his bed, took out his phone, and called Kurt. Kurt knew Blaine's parents weren't all that accepting– that's why he hadn't met them yet.

"Hey baby. How are you?" Kurt asked.

"Ummm... ok." Blaine took a breath and tried to relax.  "So I told my parents I was seeing someone."

"Ooooooo how did that go?"

"Not great actually. My dad uh..." Blaine trailed off. He didn't know how to tell Kurt; he almost didn't even want to. 

"Ya I know your dad isn't great about you know... you being gay." Kurt said, filling in for Blaine's silence. 

Blaine decided to tell Kurt. Kurt was the only person Blaine could lean on about this. "Ya, well, he said we weren't really because you're a boy."

"Oh Blaine. I'm so sorry. Listen, I don't have to meet them til your ready. At least now they know though. We don't have to act like it's a secret anymore."

Blaine's mom knocked on the door, cracked it open, and said, "Blaine, honey, can I talk to you?" with her head through the crack.

"Ya." He said to his mom. Then speaking back into the phone, "Kurt I got to go. I'll talk to you later."

"Ok, baby. Bye."

Blaine hung up the phone.

"That him?" His mom asked.

"Ya" Blaine said "His name is Kurt."

"Well when do I get to meet him?" His mom smiled a bit. It looked a little forced, but Blaine appreciated the effort. 

"Ummm..." Blaine said, "I could bring him over tomorrow. But dad-"

"Don't worry about your father." Blaine was a little surprised. His mom really tried her best with him, but she also tried to keep the peace with his dad.

She walked over to his bed. "I want to meet this boy that makes you smile this much." She said commenting on the smile Blaine had on his face right before the phone call ended.