Dont Shoot The Messenger (C38)

Kaydens P.O.V

It was almost a week without her and I felt pain like I never had before. I experienced new feelings as I thought about what she was doing, who she was with, how hurt she must feel, how angry I was that I had ruined everything before I could even enjoy it. memories of her now just became sad reminders of how much i'd screwed up.

I wanted to fix things I really did but I know that we can never be fully healed at least not while Tera's still leeching on to me like she did at the lake today. I feel guilty knowing that's where Tera and I did things but I still took Aaliyah there and made her feel special without giving her all the details. I was going to tell her about Tera once I knew she was sure enough of our relationship to  not run the second she heard i'd been in what I thought was love with someone else.

I sit on the balcony with my face sunken into my hands as I think of all the things i'd done wrong and how I could make them right. The light from inside Aaliyah's room turns on getting me excited. I soon regress realising it was only Jordan and his scent occupying the room. Frustration and anger pumped through my veins. It sounded like Micheal was also in their room judging by the whispers. Im only able restrain my anger long enough to focus on the last part of their sentence "-you seriously didn't know? That sucks man" what were they talking about "Talk to Si about it" Micheal says. Who was Si?. I didn't like the fact Micheal did a lot of things without me especially when it concerned Aaliyah. His footsteps approach our door followed my the unlocking of the door. He walks in and almost jumps when he sees me "Oh" he clears his throat "You're still up?" he asks taking off his jacket. I only now notice he had been wearing a suit? "Whats with the suit?" I ask ignoring his question "I uh..." he was trying to come up with a lie "Spit. It. Out." I say annoyed he'd even try to lie to me "Its was Aaliyahs birthday" He mumbled back. My heart drops. I'd forgotten her birthday. I was so consumed in this Tera situation and being Angry at myself I hadn't even...my eyebrows shoot up as I see a black felt box tucked into Micheals jacket pocket. I stride over and rip it out, I open the box to reveal my lunas necklace. I gulp. I honestly and truly didn't know what to say. I didn't cry. I didn't hurt. I didn't feel. But in this moment I was all of those things I felt everything I was hurt and I wanted to hurt "I-I'' I couldn't even form the words "W-" i couldn't "Is she r-rejec-cting me" I ask. Micheal hesitates basically twisting the knife and pouring acid in the wound. "Can we talk about this tomorrow" he says shurgging it off "Tomorrow? do you think ill be able to sleep? to eat? to think or breathe? " I'd never been so caught off guard in my life "Sh-shes not rejecting you" a feeling of relief washes over me. "Then why do you have this?" I ask squeezing the necklace in my palm "She gave it to me to give to you. she said-" he hesitates. either he didnt want to tell me or he had forgotten what she said "She said she needs a break and you two can talk when she gets back" A break? Gets back?? "Where is she" I ask now pacing "I-I dont know" fine i've tried to be kind up till now. I didn't force her to talk to me. I didn't go hunt for her when every bone in my body was aching to be near her. it was time to forcefully take it. I grab Micheals arm searching through his memories trying to figure out where she was. He had so many memories of her it was hard to find the most recent. got it

She was wearing a silvery white dress with her long hair flowing. She looked...so beautiful. She was in a house with white walls and dark grey wooden floors. Micheal and Jordan walk towards her and escort her out the door. The outside of the house is surrounded by a cluster of trees. the house was white with a grey roof. You could see the alpha tower from the house. it was actually quite clear.

I let go of Micheal and run to the balcony to see the house peeking out from the bushes, I didn't even notice it was there up until now. I walk past Micheal and down towards the elevator pushing the buttons rapidly. The wait was long and agonizing. The doors open and I walk out. As im walking out I run into the last person I wanted to see "Where you going Ace" he asks with a smirk "Not now" I continue walking "I heard you and my sister-" I cut his sentence short shoving him into the elevator wall "I said not now" I run off towards the house.

I stop at the driveway of the house panting. what if she didn't want to see me. I get rid of all doubt. She was just gonna have to deal with it because I couldn't. It was her birthday, I had to talk to her.

I walk two steps at a time knocking softly at the door. Three lights on the upper level flick on in unison. The door opens revealing two girls. I raise a brow. "Hi" one says smiling cheerfully I'm about to answer when the other interrupts "Can we help you" she looked like the older sister. Next I see another girl turn around the corner looking as if she'd just been crying "Oh please not tonight" she says probably recognising me "Si" they turn and look at her confused as her reaction "She's not here she's already gone because of you" she narrows her eyes at me "Who is he" the other two look confused "He's Kayden" she spits at my name. She's lucky I didn't come there and rip her tongue out. "Ohhh" the older one says dragging the ohh.

Next thing I know she's slapping me across the face "That's for liyah and everything you put her through. Now I suggest you leave before I show you how I really feel" she says walking closer forcing me to walk down the stairs backwards. I could feel how angry my Lycan was. I was trying my best to contain my anger towards them since it seemed they were close with Aaliyah "you fucking-" she cuts me off "Witch. I'm a witch" oh shit a crescent "You must be her guardian" I say taking a proper look at her "No I am and you better step away from them" a voice says from behind me. I turn to face the guy that chased after Aaliyah before "I thought I made that clear to you the night you broke her heart" oh right I remember his face hazily he did tell me he was her guardian "I just want to see Aaliyah" I say done with their talking "She's gone like I said" Si says looking like she was building up anger "And who are you" I ask sick of her attitude "Her sister" my face drops. Shit. I hadn't thought about her sister I almost forgot she had one.

"I think you better leave" her guardian says stepping in front of me and pushing me back. I look down at his hand. I press my tongue against the inside on my cheek "You better get that hand off me before you lose it" I hated being touched "Leave" he says pushing me back once again  "Before I lose it" his eyes begin glowing. I take a deep breath and turn around "She deserves better" he whispers under his breath. My blood boils and my Lycan takes control. I turn around ready to attack him. I don't know what made me angrier him saying it or me almost believing it. I was not in the mood tonight.

I begin hyperventilating angry at her and at myself and most of all this so called guardian of hers. I begin transforming as he attends to the damage I caused across his face. "Get inside" he says to the girls "Not a chance this piece of shit needs to be taught a lesson" the older one says angering me even more. I transform and growl at her unbelievably pissed of "Get in the house now" he shouts. I could slaughter a whole fucking pack right now. He walks down to my level. I lunge at him "Alkarpot entarnte" he begins chanting  before everything goes pitch black.