We were finally taken away from our boredom when the door opened. All of our heads turned to the door at the same time. I for one didn't care who it was who walked through the door, as long as they had food. I was starving.

            "Well, well, well. If it isn't the great Samantha Wilds being held in chains. I would've never guessed that we could take you down so easily." Lindsey chuckles. Of course it was her. I had brought all my attention to one of the other spies being Lilly, that I had never suspected her.

            "How? We checked you out at the agency. You were clean." I ask in confusion.

            "Why, I could've changed my file if I wanted, you know. But I didn't. I wanted to see if the famous Samantha Wilds could figure it out all on her own, I guess you couldn't. Didn't the records also say that I was adopted when I was ten years old by my current family? Did it ever occur to you to check out who my parents were before that? Of course it didn't, you think you're too perfect to mess anything up, to forget anything." I watch as she laughs at me. How could I have been so stupid? How was I so blind?

            "Lindsey?" Julia was most likely even more confused now.

            "Oh, sorry honey. You didn't think that you knew me, did you?" Lindsey taunted Julia. "Robert! Come here and unchain Samantha, I need to show her something." She turned and left.

            A big guy, most likely their form of security, came in and unchained me. He dragged me off the floor and I followed him out the door. Another guy came from behind me and locked the room where we were locked. He then came into step behind me. There was no escaping now as far as they were concerned. Robert took a bag out form his pocket and put it over my head. I wasn't allowed to know where we were going.

            We went through multiple passageways, and at one point I almost tripped over some rocks that I couldn't see. We finally stopped traveling when we reached a room that wasn't as cold as the rest of the place. I could tell that we must've been somewhere important enough to air condition.

            "That's alright Robert. You can take the bag off now." I hear someone tell Robert. The bag is brought off of my eyes.

            I look around the room and see that I've been dropped off in a place that looked like a sort of control room. I turn to face the man who was obviously the one in charge. The people at the desks didn't look him in the eye and he stood with a sort of aura of power over the others in the room. I automatically didn't like this man.

            "It's good to see you Sam. What has it been? Eight years? Seven? I haven't seen you since me and your parents left for Congo. You remember that mission, don't you?" No, this couldn't be him. This can't be him.

            "No, you're dead. You died along with mom and dad. You all died. That was why you never came back. The agency never found you because you were all dead." I said this mostly for myself.

            The day my parents left for the Congo mission with my Uncle was the last day anyone saw any of them alive. They never made it to the safe house in Congo. They sent agents to look for them, but no one could find any trace of them. They were declared dead by the agency after the search went cold. I went under the care of Dr. Doe after that. I swore to myself that I would be the best I could be for them. The only reason I was a spy was to make them proud. They always wanted me to be their perfect daughter, so that's what I tried to be.

            My Uncle laughed at me. I was surprised that I hadn't seen that resemblance earlier. "Yes, we were declared dead by the UIA, but did you actually believe that I would let myself be killed by some drug dealers? You doubt my abilities." My uncle, Uncle Andy, motioned Lindsey over. She had been standing in the corner of the room.

            "But, what about my parents? What happened to them? Tell me where they are!" I shouted at him. I made to run at him, but one of the big men stopped me form getting any closer.

            "Hmm, I'll tell you later, when I feel like it. But for now, do you remember your cousin, my daughter, Elizabeth? I know that you've already been reacquainted." He motions over at Lindsey. You've got to be kidding me.

            "Liz?" I whisper.

            I remember how they were going to go undercover as a family. I remember how my parents fought that Liz shouldn't be taken with them, but they were overruled. She left too that day in August. She had been excited to go on a mission, even though she was only eleven. I was excited for her. When I got the news that no one had come back, I was heartbroken. I had lost my parents, my uncle, and a best friend. She had been another reason that I tried to be the best agent that I could be.

            "Hey." She stood with the same arrogance as Uncle Andy. She's changed since the last time I saw her. She'd changed a lot.

            "But, how? Why? What was the point of all this?" I was the one freaking out now. I just found out that my uncle and cousin are alive and that they've switched sides. They're working for this criminal organization, but why?

            "Oh, we'll get to that later, but for now we need you for something very important."

            "What? Wait, before you answer that tell me who you guys work for." I wasn't helping anybody until I knew who I was dealing with.

            "I don't work for anyone. I guess you could say that I own this place. You, my dear, are in Cobra headquarters. And you're talking to the director." He spreads his arms wide as if to show me that he was the maker of all this.

            Cobra. He was the director of Cobra. In case you didn't know, Cobra is the worst criminal organization in the world. They are sworn to take down the UIA and all it stands for. Uncle Andy's wife had died during a mission, maybe that was why he was doing this, but I wasn't sure. I had no idea that they would have interest in kidnapping young rich girls. Wait, what was the point of them kidnapping those girls?

            "We need you to give us some codes. The codes that are only given to the top spies in the UIA. The ones that control the launch codes of the U.S. missiles that are all over the world." He says.

            He can't be serious. That's his plan? "But why would you kidnap those girls? They had nothing to do with this. What was the point?"

            "Oh, they had everything to do with this, Samantha." He smiles. "We needed a way to get you out from the protection of the agency, and what better way than to make sure you're put on a mission. But how to make sure that they send you on a mission? Well we had to make sure that you were sent on protection detail of a teenage girl, you'd be their best option. We kidnapped random rich girls, to get your attention. Then we set up Aaron Samuels to get captured by the UIA. He knowingly gave up our next victim so they'd send you to stop it from happening. And what better girl to chose for you to protect than the girl that happens to go to my daughter's school. That way you'd never find her out, and we could keep tabs on you. We never of course had any need for the girls except to get to you."

            "But, what did you do to them?" I was wary to ask this question. If the other girls really meant nothing to Cobra, then I knew what they did.

            "Oh, they're buried in shallow graves somewhere in Kentucky. And the same will happen to Julia soon. All we needed was you. Now, what are your end of the codes?" he asks.

            "I'll never tell you, you're a monster!" Now I know why the other top agents were being captured during missions. Cobra was taking them and trying to figure out the launch codes that they knew so they could blow something up and blame it on the U.S. government. They could start world war three with those codes.

            "Fine," He sighs, "Take her back to the cell. Maybe she'll be in a more telling mood tomorrow. We have much in store for you my niece. So much more."

So, I finally updated.

I'm sorry for the really long chapter, but it needed to be done.

I hope you like the twist.

Btw, I made up most of this as I went along.

So, until next time