Chapter 15

I stood in the center of the room and sang along to the piano that Mrs. Riddle was playing. As I stood I studied everyone's faces. Most of my fellow students were shocked. Apparently I didn't look like the singing type. I looked at Julia however, and she was smiling a big encouraging smile at me. I looked over at Max and Simon, who were sitting as close as they could, and they were a little shocked too. When my gaze met Lilly's, I found that she had been watching me with an intense stare. Man that girl could be scary sometimes.

            I finished the last of the song and the room clapped for me. I quickly got back in my seat and hid my face. I hated the attention. Sure, I could face off bad guys and sing in front of a crowd, but I hated whenever people complimented me too much. I hated to be in the spotlight for too long.

            "That was amazing!" Julia said in her over excited tone.

            "Thanks." I simply tell her.

            "Alright, now class let's start on the beginning. Sing it with me now, ..." Mrs. Riddle begins.

            I lost interest after a while. I had already done the song and there were too many thoughts on my mind. I needed to figure out who the other spies were before they made a move on me and/or Julia. They obviously knew who I was, which was a little unfair. Maybe there was a mole in the agency, someone who gave the opposition the information they needed to find me. But if they knew who I was, who was stopping them from getting me now? I'd rather them end this mission now than to make me all paranoid about an attack that might never happen.

            I tried to think of anyone who was definitely out to get me or Julia. The only person that I could think of would be Lilly. She was the only one who had the connection to both of us. She was also the only one who had been aggressive to both of us in different ways. But I couldn't be sure. I mean - Lilly was a good suspect, but she just didn't scream out 'undercover spy' to me.

            It was after class now and I was roaming the grounds with music streaming out from my headphones. It was still very light out, so I could see the path. I had been roaming the grounds for a while now. Max was still out on his 'date' with Simon. There was no telling when they'd decide to come back. I wouldn't blame them if they came back late.

            I walked until I hit the end of the path, I guess it was time to turn back. I was about to turn when I noticed something strange. There was a electrical van parked out by the power lines that overlooks the school. Now I had watched enough criminal shows to know that the van could just be a regular van, or it could be a stakeout team.

            I knelt down by a bush and take out my fake iPod shuffle. I took a picture of the van and let it send to the agency. If anyone could figure out if they were a real company, it would be the UIA. They had spies in almost every business and every organization in the U.S.. I was one of the spies that they used for short term missions. When my eighteenth birthday came I would be assigned to a long term mission, or I would become an official short term mission specialist. I honestly didn't care which.

            I left the clearing and headed back down the path. It should be safe to go back to my dorm now without much suspicion. I took the time on my walk back to go through the facts in my head. I knew that there were other spies, I had many gadgets to help me, and I had two agents at the school and the town to help me.