Chapter 16

It had been almost one and a half weeks since I agreed to do this mission, and let me tell you, It was slowly turning into the worst mission ever. I had seen at least two strange things happen and reported them to the agency, but they were still as lost as I was. We still had no idea who the other spies were and we had no idea how we were going to be able to capture the other spies before they got Julia. This mission was at a dead end, and there was no reversing it.

            It was currently Wednesday and we were still clueless. I had been going through the classes without really paying attention the whole first half of the day. My thoughts were to lost in figuring out the identities of the spies and how to stop them. The spies had to be a teacher or staff. It would be incredibly implausible for them to have a spy that looked young enough to be a student. As far as we knew, I was the only under eighteen spy in the world. The problem was figuring out which teachers and staff were new and giving them background checks.

            The best choice we had right now was a janitor called Mr. Pickett. He had a shady background and he used to be a navy S.E.A.L.. Most people who switch sides used to or still work government or military jobs. He also had an affiliation with the gang that we originally suspected of the kidnappings. We know believe that some higher power is paying the gang to help them with the kidnappings - I mean - how else could they pull off at least three high profile kidnappings and get away with it?

            The bell rang to release us out to lunch, which was a giant relieve. I made my way to the lunch room with Julia and her friends, not really paying attention to what they were saying. By time we reached the table that we sat at everyday I had finally started to listen to them ramble on about the latest gossip.

            ". . . And then they ran from us. Can you believe it? They actually ran from us!" Lauren exclaimed in an unhappy tone.

            "Oh, don't worry, Lauren, I'm sure that you'll be able to convince someone else to help you out with your Fall dance princess campaign." Max comforts her.

            "My campaign is going quite well, I'm sure that I have at least half the grade voting for me now." Julia brags. I know that she was running for the princess of the dance only because her mother and her 'friends' had convinced her to do so.

            The Fall dance happened every year at this school, normally around the beginning of the year. This year it was on this Friday. If you were a senior you could run for Queen or King, Juniors for Princess and Prince, and so on. There were currently four girls running for princess in the Junior class: Julia, Lauren, some girl named Bella, and I. I was only running because the rest of the popular group had convinced me that sense I had a good chance of winning that I should at least enter and try. I didn't try and campaign though, as long as I was entered my 'friends' didn't bother me about it.

            "Ashley and I are definitely going to be there." Julia says.

            "We are going to be where?" Of course, I wasn't supposed to know about the dance yet. It was tradition for the school students to only start campaigning and telling people about the dance a couple days before it happened. That way, people would be more excited about it or something. It honestly made no sense to me.