Chapter 8

"Oh god! Why did I have to see that?"

            "Ashley! Oh my god. Ahh umm. You weren't supposed to be back for a while and we, umm. This is so embarrassing."

            What you just heard was Julia stuttering and trying to cover up the fact that her and Jonathon were about a couple minutes away from having full on sex. It was a horrid sight to see. I stepped in the room as I waited for Jonathon and Julia to put their clothes back on.

            When Jonathon finally got dressed he winked at me and left the room. I turned to Julia with a look on my face that suggested that she better not do that again. Even though I had been expecting them to do something like that for a while, it was only a matter of time before I caught them.

            "I can explain-"

            "No, it's okay. Just make sure never to do it on my bed. Ever."

            She looks at me in disbelief. "But, you were so angry. Why were you so angry if you weren't planning on yelling at me or something.?" Gosh she's thick.

            "Look, I don't mind you guys . . . you know . . . doing what you were about to do, but I just don't like walking in on it. Next time try going to his dorm or something."

            "Oh, okay." She sits on her bed and looks at the floor. She looked like a little kid who had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

            I watched as she slowly got up and rummage through her drawer for something. "Well, now that that is settled." She takes out one of her notebooks and sets it in front of her. "We need to find you a guy."

            "What do you mean?" I knew exactly what she meant.

            "You need a boyfriend, or at least find a way to stop all the guys from hitting on you."

            "Why would you care?" I ask with a hint of confusion in my voice.

            "Well, how many guys have asked you out, or asked you to go to their dorm with them after last class?"

            "About 6." I lied a little, it was actually 7.

            "Dang girl! If we don't get you a man to protect you from those man whores quick, you'll end up being man handled by the lot of them." She exclaims in shock. It wasn't actually shocking if she thought about it. Whenever she and Jonathon broke up there were all sorts of guys trying to get in her pants.

            "Really, I think I'll be fine. It's not like I absolutely need anyone. I can fend for myself."

            "Oh no you can't."Oh yes I can. "Come on, I need to show you some options." She motions me over to her bed and I make sure that I sit somewhere where I am far enough away from anywhere that she and Jonathon had been.

            "Okay, now what?"

            "This is where we will find your perfect guy." She pulls out the notebook that she had gotten from her drawer earlier. But it wasn't actually a notebook, it was a yearbook, last year's yearbook in fact. It was actually brilliant if you thought about it, a yearbook showed every person in the school.

            "Okay, how about this one." She points to a dirty blonde that had asked me out earlier.

            "Oh no, that guy had bloody awful pick up lines." I exclaim as she laughs at me.