Chapter 19

I slowly opened my eyes and yawned. The party must've been good last night, I could barely remember a thing. I look to my left and I remember everything that happened last night. Oh shit.

            I was lying on a cold stone floor in what looked like some old stone room. There was one door in front of me, but I was sure that it was locked. I looked around the room and I saw Jake and Jackson talking in low voices while Julia was sitting in a corner, staring off into space.

            I tried to move my hands, but I couldn't. I looked down and saw that I was chained to a wall. Just great. At least I still had my purse, maybe I could still use a gadget to get myself out of these chains. I look up and see that everyone else has these shackles one too.

            "Ugh." I groan as I suddenly get a splitting headache. God, I feel horrible.

            "Good, you're awake." Jake says as he looks at me.

            "Where are we?" I question.

            "That's a good question. If only we knew where we were." Jackson replies for him.

            "Who are you?" I look at Julia and realize that she asked me that question. Did they bump her head too hard or something?

            I'm about to tell her that I, of course am Ashley, until I realize something. My contacts were out and my hair was brown. You've got to be kidding me. They must've found the agencies special shampoo in my dorm and found the glasses back in my drawers. The only question was how they were able to get my colored contacts out of my eyes.

            "Shit." I breathe under my breath. I couldn't help it, I cussed when I was nervous or surprised.

            "Ashley? Why is your hair brown, and why are your eyes brown?" Julia was freaking out now. Of course, she must've been frightened and confused. She had just been kidnapped along with her substitute, a waiter at the coffee shop, and someone who she didn't know. I would be freaking out too if I was her.

            "I'll explain it from the top," I sigh and continue once I got Julia's attention, "I was sent to the Lakewood boarding school after we were able to apprehend Aaron Samuels. He was the son of a gang leader. His gang was hired by a criminal agency to kidnap some girls. When we found out that their next target was you, they sent me in to protect you. I did a great job at that, didn't I?"

            "B-but, you're not Ashley?"

            "No, my real name is Samantha Wilds."

            "So, you lied to me? Are you even my friend?" Julia was mad at me now, and I didn't blame her. I would've been too. But right now there were more important matters at hand.

            "There are more important matters at hand Julia," Jake says, "We still need to figure out a way to get out of here. Did you ever figure out who the other spies were, Sam?"

            "No, I had a suspicion that it was Lilly, but we can't know until someone walks through that door. Wait, what happened to Lindsey?" I ask.

            "We don't know, she wasn't here when I woke up." Julia answers this time. I'm guessing that she's still confused on the whole matter, but I don't want to push her.

            "Now we wait for them to eventually come and kill us, don't we?" I say in defeat.

            We sat there with our heads down, bored out of our minds for what felt like hours. I kept my mind focused on a little drop of water that came from the ceiling, falling every thirty seconds. Julia was staring off into space, while Jake and Jackson were whispering again. I had no idea that they were such good friends.