Chapter 12

"So anyway, did you hear about Angie last night, she was so making out with Aaron."

            "I was not! We were having a conversation!"

            "That involved kissing?"

            "I was drunk, okay!"

            "At least you got back to the dorm before curfew. I had to say at the Cheshire manor all night. They deduct final grade points when you stay out after curfew you know."

            "Good thing I got back last night in one piece." I finally add in to the conversation. I had been sitting here with a bored expression on my face most of this morning. I added in a word or two whenever I thought that they would start to get suspicious if I didn't say something.

            After last night most of the upper class was still in their dorms, trying to sleep off their hangovers. I was hanging out with the minority of the popular kids that hadn't gone to the party, or didn't get drunk at the party. There was me, Max, Lauren, and three other kids who hadn't gone last night. If you ask me, I wish I'd stayed at the dorms like these kids.

            I was still tired to be honest. I could've stayed in the dorms like the rest of the Junior and Senior classes, but even gossip could turn out to be valuable information.

            I snuggled a little closer to Max and tried to stop my eyes from drooping too far. After last night, we had an agreement, we would act like a couple in front of the others, but when we were alone we would just be friends. And I deceived a plan for whenever we had to go on dates. I would sneak in Simon and leave them alone whenever I was supposed to be with him.

            "So, who do you think slept with who last night?" Angie asks. She was a sophomore, but she tried to hang out with us to give her more street cred. This question did pike my interest though. I wondered if anyone else saw Lilly and Jonathon.

            "Oh, I definitely walked in on Max and Ashley last night. They were having a really good time." Lauren puts in. I assumed that she was either making this up, or she walked in on Simon and Max and was just too drunk to realize it. She was weird like that, she didn't really have hangovers.

            "Ooh, do tell us all the details." Alex, a guy who stayed at the dorms because he had gotten detention with multiple teachers that day, tells Lauren.

            "I was walking down the hall, and I opened the closet. They were getting it on in the closet!" Yep, she was making it up.

            "No we weren't!" I add. I do not want people to believe that I did it in a closet.

            "Anyway, who do you think Lilly was with last night? I heard that she didn't make it back in time for curfew." Lauren changed the topic, seeing that I was uncomfortable with the current topic of discussion. But she didn't know that this topic was something I was also very uncomfortable with.