Plans At Work (C37)

Start from the beginning

We re enter the party and I just let myself go. I decided it was time to enjoy myself. I dance, sing and drink with all of my closest friends having the night of my life.

We dance the night away until I realise I would be leaving this behind for who knows how long. I say my goodbyes to everyone and thank them for coming as they leave to make it in time for Curfew.

"Hey leave that I'll do it all tomorrow" Hunter says stopping me from helping to pack up "Are you sure I could-" he cuts me off "Enough Aaliyah just enjoy your day all right" I had enjoyed my night I really had, it was one of the best birthdays I've had. The whole midnight clan was here plus a few extensions Caroline and Micheal. "Thank you guys for tonight I really enjoyed this" I open my arms "Group hug" I say walking towards Si and Mar hoping the others would Join in. They eventually crowd around and we end up in a huge warm and uncomfortable huddle.

We all laugh and say our goodbyes before Micheal, Caroline and Jay head back to the dorms and we head back to the Coven house.

I walk towards the back with Hunter while the girls walk and talk "Aaliyah" he stops me hoping to stay a good distance from his sisters "Tell me" he pauses "Why did that hug feel more like a goodbye than a thank you" dang it I should've known he'd have found out "I-" I place his hands in mine "I have responsibilities as a future alpha to get back to my pack when they are in need...now is more crucial than ever for me to be there" he smiles down at me "I'm so proud of you Liyah. You may not have noticed but you've grown a lot from the shy girl who was too afraid to get into the infinity pool" I smile thinking of how I was in the same position I was all those years ago but I have a completely different mind set. I've just been hurt by Kayden. My parents sent me away and still don't tell me anything about pack business. I feel more safe being around witches than wolves and Hunter is the closest person to me. The only difference is I'm smarter now. I have more to lose but I also have more to gain "Time for you to pack my bags now I guess" I kid as I attempt to walk up into the house "Just a second" Hunter says quickly grabbing my hand "I-" I turn back to him as his warm hand brings me back to a point where we're shadowed by the trees.

I look up at him nervous considering I was under the impression our conversation was over "Yes Mr Williams" I say looking up at him "Did I get to tell you how good..." he trails off "Of an eye I have for fashion" he says making a joke. I hit his arm "I thought you were about to say something nice" I say as he continues to laugh. He settles down "No but really Aaliyah you do look so" he takes a depth breath "Like an angel I know" I suddenly let out a joke as well considering the tension of the conversation was getting heated. He smiles as he inches closer to me "An angel maybe..." he says as he plays with a piece of my hair "but that dress" he says looking me over "Is anything but Holy" he says tucking my hair behind my ears causing my breath to hitch. He lets go of my hair as he reaches into his pocket revealing a white a white felt box. I gasp "Don't worry it's not a ring" he jokes taking my hand "Before the night is over I wanted to wish you a happy birthday" he looks up from my hands to me "From me" he smiles "Hunter you really didn't have to" I say looking back at the box. I can feel him watching as I slowly open the box. I gasp "Its beautiful" I look at the simple diamond necklace within the  box. I study the purple jewels which were placed throughout the necklace "What are these?" I ask not able to recognise them. He smiles "It's the only way I could guarantee no one else would be able to get you the same" he says now standing beside me "These are a rare Jewel" he whispers "the meus amor aeternus" I stare at its shifting sparkling colour "It looks almost like water" I say taking a closer look "That's because it is" he says as I run my thumb over the necklace "It's made from the white water the infinity pool turned the day of your ceremony" my eyes water as a reaction to how considerate his gift was "Where does the purple..." I don't even get to finish before he begins to glow his hands "Your essence?" I ask "Yes so that way you'll always remember me" he says with a smile that didn't meet his eyes. I couldn't help but wonder why he thought I was capable of forgetting him "Put it on for me?" I ask hoping to lighten the mood "Of course" he says taking the necklace from me.

I hold my hair up allow him to place the necklace for me. It tickles as the necklace, his hands and breath linger across my bare neck. I try not to squirm as the clasp finally closes. His hands hover slowly along the shape of my waist and beyond my hips as I slowly drop my hair and take a deep inhale as we slowly breathe in sync. I lean back as he nestles his head on mine "Aaliyah? Have you started packing?" We hear Celeste call from the house causing us to jump "Aaliyah?" she calls out again and I'm pretty sure I hear Hunter curse under his breath "Yupp so we should probably get inside" he says quickly as he attempts to take off into the house without me. Just as I this he's about to leave me behind he grabs my hand without looking back and takes me along with him. Half way towards the house I'm walking in step with him.

As I hold the train of my dress he hold my exposed lower back guiding me into the house. As we walk into the house we head up the second flight of stairs into his room to get me ready for my trip.

🎒

"And here's your pass" Celeste says handing me an envelope with a satin black bow "Im gonna miss you guys" I wrap my arms around Mar and Celeste "How long are gonna be gone for" Mar asks. I let go of them and shrug. I really had no clue. I didn't know how bad the situation was or how hard tracking other wolves was. 

I turn and look at Si to see her eyes watery. She rushes towards me giving me a huge hug "Don't be gone too long okay i'm going to miss you" she lets a tear drop on my shoulder. "Ill miss you too si" we let go and I wipe the tear off of her cheeks "Look after Jordan for me okay. I dont know if you know this but hes pretty clueless" I say causing her to snicker. I wanted to say goodbye to Jordan I really did but...sometimes a beta needs time on his own and this wasn't his concern right now. he needed to focus on training.

Hunter walks me down the steps as I wave my final goodbye to the girls. He walks me all the way to the front gates to where my fathers Beta and a few of the older pack members were on the other side "Stay safe out there. if you need anything and I mean anything dont hesitate to call me." he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. He smiles softly before leaning in and kissing me. It was a soft goodbye kiss that was only able to last for a second before we parted.