The Artist & The Writer

Ever since Nathaniel and I started hanging out in art class, I've been feeling things for him.  I love how shy he was in the beginning and how passionate he is to his drawing.  I try to sneak a look at him from time to time.  It's hard not too, really.  His eyes are a striking blue, how his hair glows in the sun.

"Uh, Marc?  Are you there?"  Nathaniel was waving his hand in front of my face.

"Oh!  Sorry!  I was just thinking."

"About what?"  He asked with his head turned to the side just slightly.

"Oh, um, family stuff."  I lied.

"Hm.  So... what should happen next?"  He asked.

"Maybe have Ladybug ask Chat out since she developed feelings for him?  Or maybe we have a near-death experience and have both of them say what they truly feel about him?"

"Eh, a near-death experience is too... cliche.  Well, both of them are but I like the date one better.  How would she ask him though?"

"Well," I thumped my finger on my chin as I stood up from the chair.  "I guess she could... just ask him in person but in a stammering way?  Kind of like how Marienette talks to Adrien."  Nath chuckled at my comment.

"She really needs help but she in love with him.  Hehe."  His smile quickly faded.

"Oh!  I'm sorry.  I forgot, again."  I sat back down and shook my head.

"It's no big deal.  I just need to accept the fact that she'll never love me the way I used to towards her."

After another hour, it was starting to get dark.  Both of us walked home.

The next morning was the same.  I got dressed and was excited to see Nathaniel again.

***

Before class, I went to Marienette.  I have been meaning to ask this for a while now and today I finally have the courage to ask.

"Hey, Marinette.  Can I have a moment of your time, please?"

"Of course, Nathaniel!"  She said and Alya walked away.

"So, I like someone and I want to ask them on a date but, I'm scared to.  I don't want to be rejected.  Do you have any advice on that?"

"Well, if I was in your position, then I would go up to them and ask!  Who's the lucky gal?  If you don't mind me asking."

"That's the thing, it's not a gal.  It's a... guy."  I said and looked down.  "It's Marc..."  I mumbled.

"What was that?  I didn't hear you."  Mari said.

"Oh, nothing.  Thanks for the help!  I gotta blast."  I said and ran off.  I heard a faint voice behind me saying your welcome.  I found Marc in the Art room working on some drawings of me and him...?

"Hey, Marc.  Whatcha working on?"  I ask.

"Oh, um.  Nothing."  He said and closed his artbook soon after saying that.

"Okay... Well, I want to ask you something but, I know you'll say no.  W-Will you go o-out with me?"

***

I was working on a drawing of me and Nathaniel until someone comes up to me.

"Hey, Marc. Whatcha working on?"  I immediately know who it is.

"Oh, um. Nothing."  I said and closed my artbook quickly.

"Okay... Well, I want to ask you something but, I know you'll say no. W-Will you go o-out with me?"  He asked me.  I wanted to jump up and down right at this moment and scream but I just stared at him.  

"I knew you were going to say no."  He said and started to walk away.

"No! Wait!  I-I mean!"  I yell and grab his arm.  "Y-Yes.  I will go on a date with you, Nathaniel."  I said to him straight in the eye and he smiled.

~*~

Nathaniel took me first to the park which, ironically, was where Andre's Ice Cream was.  

"Are you two on a date?"  Andre asked us and we nodded shyly.  "Well, I'll make a cone to share.  It'll be sweet with a bit flare.  It's on the house, 'cause I care."  

"Thanks, Andre,"  I said and he handed us the cone.  We walked to the nearest bench and talked for what it seemed like hours.  All of a sudden, it was dusk.

"I think we should head back home,"  Nathaniel suggested.

"Yeah.  Before it gets too dark."  I said.  On the walk to my house, Nathaniel moved his hand closer to mine until we held hands.  I blushed a little.

"I had a fun time, Nathaniel,"  I said once we reached to my house, still holding hands.

"M-Me too.  Would you like to do this again sometime?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

There was an awkward silence looking into each other's eyes and holding hands.  Before I knew it, my face was really close to his.  Nathaniel closed the gap between us and we were connected.  We let go and I put my hand on his cheek, the other on his waist.  Nathaniel put his arms around my neck.  It was sweet and passionate.  We broke off the kiss and breathed a little with our foreheads touching.

  We broke off the kiss and breathed a little with our foreheads touching