Chapter 13

Lloyd's POV

"What's taking them so long?" I muttered seeing that both Nya and Rei haven't returned yet. It was getting late and they needed to get back here. We needed to make sure we were all here in the car park before we headed back to the noodle house.

"And maybe it isn't the SOG tearing the team apart. Maybe the one who is tearing the resistance apart is you."

"What the hell?" I frowned reaching for my earpiece that I left on the table.

"Onaka?" I wondered then I put it in my ear.

"What. Did. You. Say?"

I recognized the second voice. It was very different from the first one. I felt my heart skip a beat. I knew that whenever Rei talked with Nya. It didn't end well. She was talking with Nya.

"You know what I said." Rei said.

"Say it again. I dare you." Nya dared her voice held a threatening tone.

"You are tearing the resistance apart. Get that into your head girl ninja."

"Don't call me that." She hissed.

"I can kill you." 

My heart stopped when I heard Nya say those four words.

No.

Nya wouldn't do that. She wouldn't kill her. Nya wouldn't kill.

"You know what. I've had about enough of you. Why don't you just join Neuro."

"NYA NO!" I shouted but it was no use.

I could feel my heart pound on my chest as I awaited what she would say next. I knew the rest of the people in the car park were looking at me but I couldn't have cared less. Rei was strong but Nya was close to her element. Those two were by the bay. It was obvious to see who had the upper hand at the point.

"The very man you killed."

"I DIDNT KILL HIM! I ALMOST DIED TRIING TO SAVE—"

Static. I could hear the faint sound of water as it splashed against the earpiece.

"Shade! Turner! Go to the bay! Find Onaka!" I shouted knowing that those two would be the fastest. They would be able to reach her.

There was no time to waste.

"Come on guys. Come on." I prayed hoping they would reach Onaka in time.

I can't believe Nya would do this.

She actually was about to kill Onaka and if Shade and Turner weren't there in time she would be dead.

I prayed that they had already got her. I awaited the sound of my earpiece and to hear their voices telling me that she was okay.

She had to be.

She was our only intel to the SOG. She was the only one who knew enough about the SOG. She was the one who actually knew the most of the SOG. She told me she worked under Mr. E and that she was a very trusted member of the SOG.

But for some reason. That wasn't the only reason why I wanted her here. There was this feeling in me I couldn't explain.

It was like my mind was telling me she mattered more to me than just being a source of SOG information. Without her, I would've been left for dead in that cell. I wouldn't be here if she hadn't saved me.

Now it was my turn to save her.

I just didn't expect I'd be saving her from Nya.

---