Nothing you can do to change me (Klaine)

Start from the beginning

"Thanks mom." Blaine smiled and his mom hugged him.

————————————————————— 

The next day Blaine brought Kurt over to his house. Kurt was excited to meet Blaine's parents and see his house, but he was prepared for this to get ugly. Blaine explained to Kurt how his mother had invited him over, but he didn't know how much his dad knew of what was happening.

Right before they went inside, Blaine said to Kurt, "Kurt, you know I love you just the way you are, but maybe.... try not to act.... gay. You know?"

"Got it. I understand." Kurt said. He wasn't happy about it, but he wanted to make a good first impression. These were his boyfriend's parents; he wanted them to like him and he was already starting off behind by being gay and dating their son. So Kurt just sucked it up. Blaine unlocked the door.

"Mom! Dad!" Blaine called as he entered the home. "I'm home, and I brought someone with me."

No one comes out so Blaine and Kurt walk into the kichen

No one comes out so Blaine and Kurt walk into the kichen. There, at the table, Blaine's parents were talking, and it looked a bit heated.

"You did not-" Blaine hear his father say angrily before he came into view and his father stopped talking.

Blaine ignored it; his mom got up to greet the boys. "Mom, this is Kurt." Blaine said gesturing towards the boy beside him.

Blaine's mom went to go shake Kurt's hand but Kurt just grabbed her into a full-on hug.

Blaine rolled his eyes; thinking how Kurt didn't get what he said to him less than a minute ago. But Blaine smiled– this is what he loved about Kurt; he was always unapologetically himself.

"It's so nice to meet you, Mrs. Anderson." Then Kurt put out his hand to shake. "I'm Kurt Hummel." Mrs. Anderson shook the boy's hand.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend, Blaine?" Blaine's father said still sitting at the table looking down at his paper.

Kurt took it upon himself to walk up to him. Kurt stuck out his hand, "Nice to meet you, Mr. Anderson. I'm Kurt Hummel."

Mr. Anderson looked Kurt up and down once at his eccentric outfit and whispered "Faggot." under his breath.

Kurt ignored it, but Blaine didn't. "Dad!" He said, "That's my BOYFRIEND you're talking to. You know what that makes me? A fag too! And nothing you do is EVER going to change that!" He yelled at his father, finger pointed at him in anger.

After yesterday, and now today, Blaine was done; he couldn't deal with his father right now.

Blaine grabbed Kurt's hand and sayid, "Come on Kurt, let's go."

Blaine was appalled by his dad's behavior. His father had never acted like this before, and he hadn't used that word in front of Blaine since he came out. Usually his dad just ignored his sexuality, like it wasn't real, but Blaine had never introduced his dad to a boy before.

"I'm really sorry, Kurt. I didn't think he would act like that." Blaine said once the boys were in Blaine's room.

"It's ok. It's not your fault, Blaine."

—————————————————————

The next day, Kurt and Blaine were talking over a coffee at Lima Bean. Blaine was so upset about how his father had reacted.

"I just want him to get to know you. But of course he judges you before you ever get the chance to show him who you are. You're so important to me," Blaine reaches for Kurt's hand, "and I want him to see that."

"Well..." Kurt, always the optimist, said with a sneaky smile. "Why don't we try again?"

Blaine shook his head, "You heard what he said. The way he treated you."

"I'm not saying he's going to be any better," Blaine rolled his eyes. Kurt continued, "buuut, you can still tell him how you feel."

—————————————————————

"Dad!" Blaine called before he reached the room his father was in.

Blaine stormed into the room, Kurt on his heels. "Dad," Blaine said calmly as he could. "This is my boyfriend." pointing to Kurt, "And I want you to know him. Because he's in my life. And he's going be in my life for a while." Blaine grabbed Kurt's hand.

Mr. Anderson stayed where he was, pretending he couldn't hear the boy.

"And dad," Blaine continued. "I wish I was the son you always wanted. But I can't help that I'm gay. And one day, you're just going to have to except that."

Blaine looks to Kurt, and Kurt hits play on the player they brought.

("A Man I'll Never Be" by Boston starts playing)

Blaine starts singing "🎶If I said what's on my mind / You'd turn and walk away...🎶"

Kurt joins in at the first chorus. The boys sing; Blaine, in front, moves closer to his father, trying to reach him with the lyrics.

Mr. Anderson is trying to hold back showing any emotion. He cares about this son, but he can't condone this- his son's sin.

Blaine closes the song with, "🎶And it gets harder everyday for me / To hide behind this dream you see / A man I'll never be."

Mr. Anderson finally looks up at his son and into his eyes. Kurt comes up, and Blaine's rubs his boyfriend's shoulder as Kurt finishes the final note of the song, "ooo- ooo... ahhhh.🎶"

🎶"

Mr. Anderson watches his son touch and look at the other boy, and just gets up and walks away.

—————————————————————

I'm sorry for the sad ending, but I wanted this to be realistic, like the show. One of the things I applause Glee for is that people don't just change and make up in a day or a week after an "I'm sorry." They actually take time - months, years even - for things to change. So it would have been unrealistic to have Blaine's father just be accepting, especially because he never attends the boys' wedding (fanfic on that out now! "Why weren't you there?").