Chapter 39

The three of them crouched breathlessly by the boy, who was being enveloped briefly by light.

What was left behind wasn't what they had expected but was something that fit.

Danny was clothed in a white jumpsuit that was striped black. The collar was thick with fluff and one long cape that resembled a butterfly's wings spread out behind him.

Ladybug blinked at how different Danny's clothing was from Hawkmoth's. Well, it made sense. He was a different person. And Nooroo had a different relationship with him.

She placed her hands on him, but couldn't be sure if he was doing better. "He'll be fine, right?" She glanced up at Gabriel.

The man nodded with a certainty his face didn't show. "It's his power. He'll know what to do."

Ladybug didn't react. Now that everything has calmed and they weren't all in the heat of battle and panic all the facts were filtering out in her head. Her eyes continued fixed on the man. A man who's talent she looked up to. Who she used to admire until she met Adrien. A man she'd never been sure of what to think other than he was a stoic person who didn't let anyone in. She'd never been able to read him. Never knew what he thought. What he was really like.

Now that she knew what she did about him she didn't stop the rage creeping into her. The absolute fury. How DARE he. How-wh- what HOW dare hE.

A sob interrupted her thoughts. Her head snapped to see Adrien hunched over on himself, tears dripping on the floor. He bowed lower, his eyes glassy and not focused on anything in particular. He was done. He broke.

Gabriel was filled with immense regret. Overwhelming. He stared at Chat Noir and Ladybug with sudden realization. I mean, he'd known they were children. He'd known, he just. Never really let it sink in that...

This child was crying, sobbing. The other trembling and with a look that told him she'd rip him to shreds if he so much as opened his mouth.

He deserved it. Gabriel took a deep breath and released it silently. He curled up like a kid and gripped his hair tightly with his hands. He pulled hard, feeling like just tearing it all apart. Just self combust. Can't he just disappear. Let him disappear. Let the ground swallow him.

They barely noticed the accumulating butterflies flying in through the broken window and sitting down around them, settling down solemnly. They were so much calmer than any of the people had ever seen them before. So still in contrast to the absolute chaos and panic going on inside the three. Because for them, it wasn't chaos. They were in peace after so long. Everything has been set right.

A loud beep was only able to get through Adrien's mind fog because he had been taught to always have an immediate reaction to that sound. He started with a gasp, pausing as he realized why that brought a spike of alarm to his head. The boy flung up his hand and his breathing picked up when he saw two blinking lights on his ring. He sprang up and looked at Ladybug alarmed. "I gotta go."

She deflated and raised her hand to touch her earing. It wouldn't be long before she started beeping too. She glanced down at Danny, not wanting to leave him alone with Gabriel. Although the man didn't seem like he was planning anything, looking resigned and regretful for all it was worth. And she really didn't want to leave Adrien alone or reveal her identity to this man. Not right now.

She gently put Danny's head on the ground from where it had been sitting on her lap and stroked his hair briefly before standing up. She got in close to Gabriel's face and snarled. "If you even touch a hair on his head I will make sure the cops won't be able to identify you anymore."

Gabriel's eyes widened a bit in fear and he shook his head. "I won't hurt him."

She narrowed her eyes, hands twitching like she wanted to hit him, but she withdrew and took Chat's hand. They left through the hole on the roof.

"We're not actually handing him over to the police, are we?" Adrien asked quietly as he let his kwami eat the Camembert he'd taken from the fridge.

Marinette looked up, paused, and looked at Tikki, who was nibbling on a cookie with a pensive expression. "Well, what else do we do? I'm sorry, Adrien. I really am. But we can get this go unpunished."

She flinched, feeling she'd chosen insensitive words, but Adrien just nodded. "I... I know."

They were quiet for a second.

"What's gonna happen to me?"

The girl's eyes snapped open. She rushed forward and hugged the blond, who has tears pooling in his eyes and poured down when she made contact.

They slid to the ground. One comforting and one sobbing. Plagg didn't hesitate to leave the Camembert on the table and nuzzle the side of Adrien's face.

Tikky also joined the emotional group and they huddled close on the floor for a few minutes until Adrien had somewhat calmed down.

He wiped his tears as best as he could with one hand while the other clutched Plagg close to his chest. He purred loudly, calming the teenager's heart. The kwami understood him the best. They'd lived together for years under the same roof and under the same man. He knew the ins and outs of his relationship with his dad. They grieved together.

"We don't have to turn him in to the police," Tikki said quietly.

Adrien sniffed. "What?"

"There's another solution," she continued. "We can take him to Master Fu. In fact," she looked up to their shocked faces, "this is a matter that Master Fu and us, kwamies, should deal with. It's one of ours that was the victim."

Marinette frowned at the injustice. "But the whole country got hurt because of him. They deserve to see him punished."

"Nooroo suffered the most." She broke the staredown she and her holder had been having and looked down. "For a kwami's power to be used for the opposite of what it stands for is...painful. And scarring. He has definitely suffered the most."

Marinette and Adrien were quiet.

Adrien held tighter onto his small, cat-like friend. Remembering that he had been hurt like this too. A rumbling emitted from his chest area near his neck and soon Marinette and Tikki had two purring boys in their hands.

The girls exchanged some smiles.

"Alright," the black haired teen agreed softly. "We'll leave it to master Fu. We'll deal with the people later."

Soft chappie. So soft.

Adrien and plagg purring and comforting each other is a blessing and I wanna draw it. Who's in. Let's all draw the purring boys.

Another thing. Who has a creative mind and wants to share. I have a mer!Danny one shot going on but the end feels unfinished and like a massive cliffhanger but I have no idea how to continue. Like ok I could maybe finish it there...but it has the potential for a whole book...but it doesn't have enough interesting variables to make an interesting book...

So yeah if you're excited about mer!Danny message me and I'll send you the notes I have for it.

Gracias por leer. Parece que serán más capítulos de lo que pensé.
Que les pareció?

Estoy requete cansada porque mi abuelo está en el hospital con Alzheimer y mi familia a estado tomando turnos en cuidarlo por la noche. Yo y mi tío nos quedamos con el y no quiso dormir nadaaaa. Yo solo dormí media hora más o menos. Ahora me quedan una hora y media más en tren para llegar a casa así que tuve mucho tiempo para escribir.

Ya no les detengo más. Me voy a escribir. Hasta luego y que tengan un lindo día ^_^