Chapter 3

A week passed by quickly for Danny. He adjusted to his new school rather nicely. The friendship between him, Alix and Kim flourished and Max tolerated him. He got to know the other students better and was pleased to say he made some more friendships here and there.

There was this supermodel who Danny was a bit wary of at first but he quickly learned the guy was too pure. Most people liked the dude, whether it was because of his personality or because of him being famous, Danny wasn't sure. They didn't become the best of friends, Danny was more of the mischievous troublemaker type, but they were friends. Adrien, the teen model, was besties with Nino. This guy was pretty chill and Danny had an instant liking to him.

Then there was Marinette. Now this girl fit in his category of friends to make trouble with. Although she was a little too bossy for his taste sometimes. She was usually seen with Alya, a hyperactive girl who kept sticking her nose in other people's business. Danny heard she had a blog for the superheros here, who Danny still knew nothing about.

Chloe was just a Paulina with her own Star to shadow her. Danny found out the girl's name was Sabrina. He got annoyed a lot by them and his almost nonexistent patience disappeared the moment they stepped into the room.

There was also this big bear of a boy named Ivan that actually turned out to be a big softy. He was dating a short girl by the name of Mylene who was pretty nice. She was a bit of a scaredy cat but really sweet.

There was also this redheaded guy who was mostly quiet and kept to himself. He always had a sketchbook in hand, something which Danny really wanted to see. He was also a fan of drawing. He could make really good sketches but if he did it with detail it sucked. He wanted to know Nathaniel's style. He'll ask him about it later.

Last but not least Rose and Juleka. Danny had approached Juleka in one of his first days. After all, the girl was a goth, maybe she was something like Sam. He was wrong. Juleka was by far the most shy girl in the whole class. It threw him off at first how close she was to Rose, a peppy girl who really lived up to her name. But that just strengthened his theory that in this school, opposites attract the closest of friendships.

He rather liked that.

All in all, he had fun.

But he noticed a tension was always present. Students, teachers, strangers on the street. Everywhere he went there was tension. When someone got even slightly mad the offending person would immediately apologize with fear in their eyes. Some even got very jumpy and got scared of their own shadow. Others were barely ever scared and acted as if they had seen worse.

Danny had a feeling it had something to do with the villain attacks. He wondered where the villains came from.

One of the only people who didn't care if they got someone angry of sad was Chloe. And it made Danny wanna wish she was a ghost so he would have no regret in beating her to a pulp. Of course her taunting didn't work on him.

Chloe grabbed Danny's sketchbook from his hands and opened it, ignoring the surprised yelp from the boy. "What's this piece of scrap?" She flipped a page. "Let's see if you have any embarrassing drawings."

"Hey. Give that back." Danny stood up and made to grab it but she turned around and walked away.

Chloe hummed. "These sketches are terrible. How can you even bring yourself to draw this."

Danny knew his sketches weren't that bad. He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah. Whatever you say. I didn't ask for your opinion. Now give that."

"Oh who's that?" Sabrina asked pointing at a drawing made early in the book. "Is that your crush?"

Danny raised an eyebrow. "Sam? Well yeah."

The two girls blinked at his honesty. Nathaniel would blush and stutter. This boy was obviously nothing like Nathaniel. The raven haired guy shrugged. "For a long time she was my girlfriend too but we broke up a few months ago."

"Oh?" Chloe tried one more time to get under his skin. "Did she dump your little loser butt?"

He rolled his eyes. "No. We decided to stay as best friends. Then I moved here and we keep in contact through skype and such."

Sabrina gasped. "Oh that's really cute. What is she like?"

Danny smiled. "Competitive and unique. She didn't let anyone bring her down and was fiercely independent. So you understand how a boyfriend didn't really fit in with her, especially not someone as protective as me." He yanked the book from Chloe's hands with a smirk. "Now gimme that. Next time you wanna look at my sketches you could just ask." He left.

A little ways away he sighed. He really missed the goth. Talking about her like that brought back the heartache. He should get revenge of Chloe for making him think of her and taking his sketchbook.

Danny paused in his step. What is it with these negative thoughts again? He wasn't that mad at Chloe. He had fought against an evil therapist, the blonde couldn't compete with that.

He ran a hand through his hair to get rid of those thoughts and shivered. He scowled at the mist coming out of his mouth. What was it with his ghost sense going off all the time.

He looked around carefully. Nothing unusual. But there must be something.

Suddenly a butterfly landed on his nose. He blinked at it in surprise. It flapped its wings and fluttered around him. He chuckled at it. It was rather pretty.

Chloe looked on from a distance. She saw that Danny guy laugh at a butterfly and frowned.

"He's rather nice." Sabrina noticed.

Chloe nodded. "He's ok." She turned and walked off with her friend.

Awwww dannys growing on everyone. Lookit mah boi being social