Chapter 8

It was a few days later when Danny was really experiencing the effects of constantly being one of Hawkmoth's targets.

Nobody could see him, but they knew he was in class. All they could see was a mob of butterflies sitting perfectly still.

This worried them. Shouldn't Danny be moving?

Ivan let him be until he saw a black butterfly wriggle it's way through the others. The purified ones flew around it in protest but didn't dare touch it and made way to reveal Danny's hand encasing a sketchbook. The evil one soaked in the book.

"Ooh," Alix said. "Danny's not gonna be happy."

The white papillons dispersed from the 'akumatized' Danny and revealed a sleeping boy.

Ivan frowned and poked at him.

He didn't wake up but the moment the purple mask appeared he frowned and started twitching. The other butterflies fluttered around him, trying to comfort him but not touching him.

"Miss?" Ivan called out nervously. "Something's wrong. Danny isn't waking up and I think he's having a nightmare."

"In my class?" The science teacher chided. "He shouldn't be sleeping in my class."

Nino leaned a bit away from Danny in worry. "Guys someone wake him up."

Danny was hyperventilating now. His brow was covered in sweat and he grimaced in his sleep.

Ivan slowly grabbed the kid's shoulder and shook him lightly. "Danny? Hey dude? Wake up."

"Oh for the love of..." Kim pushed him away and yelled. "Danny!! Get your ass in gear!"

The boy sprang up, eyes wide. "The cat did it!" He blinked and looked around. "Wha-?" The purple outline suddenly shone brighter and Danny groaned, holding his head.

"Are you ok?" Ivan asked only to receive a painful moan in return.

"Where is it."

"Sketchbook," Alix singsonged making Danny growl.

He scowled and hissed. "I swear, old man. You put those things in one of my sketchbooks again you're done for, you hear me? I'll go find you and rip you apart molecule by molecule and I'll be laughing about it. So frik off." And he tore a paper off his book. He growled at the ruined page but let his head fall on the desk once more.

The rest of the class was surprised by his sudden outburst. Danny was usually never this aggressive.

Sabrina asked worriedly. "Are you alright?"

Danny waved his hand without looking up. "Yeah yeah. Just tired. He's been tormenting me the whole night and I need my sleep." Danny started mumbling to himself. "It's like he wants me to go and rip him a new one. I'll show him. Sleep first, then I'll go and punch him so hard butterflies will be dancing over his head. The last thing he'll see is my sleep deprived face. He's even worse than Skulker." He looked up and blinked owlishly. "I'm good. Sorry to interrupt the class. What class are we in anyway? Whatever, go on and ignore me while I catch up with a friend. His name is sleep and we haven't talked in ages. So bye."

And he promptly started snoring again, disappearing under a blanket of Papillons.

Marinette frowned. That was it. The last straw. She wasn't going to let the guy continue like this. So after class she went to the bathroom and opened her little bag. Tikki flew out and smiled at Marinette.

"Tikki." She said. "We have to do something. He keeps like this, he's gonna wear himself out. Do you have any idea of what is happening with him?"

Like last time, the Kwami shook her head. "I don't know, Marinette. But I agree with you. Something has to be done. We both know a person who understands all about Kwamis and their effects."