Chapter 21

"What is it, Chloe?"

They stopped by the edge of the lunchroom, in the opening of an empty hallway.

The blonde frowned at him, looking him up and down. She glaced at Sabrina, who was smiling widely.

"Danny, did you," she paused and asked almost incredulously. "Did you call my dad?"

Danny paled. "I'm not a creepy stalker and you can't prove anything."

Chloe's eyesbrows raised and she snorted. "I should hope not." She ignored Sabrina's giggling and crossed her arms. "Did you, or did you not call my dad to set up a meeting with me?"

"I wouldn't call it a meeting."

She rolled her eyes. "That's the only way he ever agrees to go anywhere. That, or to uphold a good image. Like when he comes over for Career day." She blinked and narrowed her eyes at him. Not in a menacing way, but as if he was a puzzle she couldn't even begin with. "So you did do it?"

Dany blew air out of his cheeks. "Maybe I kind of dropped him a call on his personal phone number."

Sabrina squeaked and Chloe's face morphed as if she had no idea what to think of that. "Why??" Why would he have done that? To gain her approval? To prank the Mayor?? And he used her as an excuse so he could do something rebellious?

Danny shrugged. "Because a dad shouldn't ignore his daughter like that. Even if he does love her (especially if he loves her), which he does if he has actually gone to Jagged Stone's concert with you and if he has gone to a restaurant together after to try to get to know you more or at least just be there," Danny paused and growled. "And if he's even shown a sign of his phone he's so getting another call."

He looked at the blonde who was stunned into silence. He smiled at her. "I'm guessing he did all that, which means you're important to him and he wants to get to know you," He laughed. "Or I'm just good at making threats."

Chloe blinked back tears and licked her lips. "Why are you doing this?"

Danny buried his hands in his pockets. "I just want you to know that you matter to your dad. You matter to Sabrina here." He gestured to her and she nodded vigorously. "You matter to Adrien and probably to more people I don't even know. You matter to them because you're Chloe. You don't have to do anything to force them to care about you. They do. All you can do is show them they matter to you too." A few glowing butterflies landed on her, lightning up her face more than it already was with all the red that had covered her natural color.

"Anyways. See ya later? Gotta finish my lunch befo-"

"Wait!"

Danny was startled by the sudden ourburst and Chloe blushed even more. "I- Th- thank you, Danny." She calmed down a bit and actually smiled at him. "Thank you."

He smiled back at her and she turned around sharply, striding away before it got any more uncomfortable. Sabrina turned to scramble after her, but Danny called her before she could. "Thanks for being there for her."

The redhead froze for a moment before grinning at him. "Thank you for talking to her dad. He usually just leaves her in the care of his butler. He's a good man, but it'll do her good to spend some time with him."

Danny nodded. "It's just, you've been with her for a long time. I just want you to know that Chloe really appreciates your friendship. I can see it." He winks at her. "You're a good friend, Sabrina."

The girl beamed at him. "You are too, Danny. I hope it can come to that."

Danny nodded and she turned to leave, but he, again, stopped her. "One more thing. How did you know I called him?"

She smiled teasingly. "Adrien told her and she told me all about it after."

Danny cursed inwardly as he waved goodbye to her. "I'm going to have a good talk to that boy about keeping secrets."

Imma try to update everyday
These are short chapters anyways

Butterfly BoyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara