Chapter 29

So remember chapter 16 when Danny let his parents scan him for his sugar level after they found out he's consuming more sugar?

Danny was laying on the couch, interchanging between making his math homework and looking at his phone when Jack approached him with fiddling hands.

"Hello, Danny. What are you doing?" He cleared his throat.

Danny responded without looking up from his phone like the moody teenager he is. "Doing my homework."

"Ah. That's great. Great." He nodded. "So have you been feeling alright lately? Not feeling weird. Everything's ok?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure. The little ghosts aren't affecting you or anything?"

"Nope. The butterflies and me are super healthy."

Jack licked his lips and his eyes darted to the kitchen door where his wife was listening. "Are you completely sure? You're not feeling a little tiny bit like an ectoplasmic entity?" He showed just how tiny with his fingers pressed together.

Danny swiped his thumb across the screen on his phone. "Nah."

"Because if you did, I always have the ecto biogram to make sure your body is healthy and you are getting enough energy and-"

"I can take care of myself, dad, but thanks. I'd rather not have any machines strapped to me." This time, he did look up for a milisecond.

Jack deflated a bit, but tensed when he heard a sugar sweet voice call him from the kitchen. "Jack? Can you help me with the Fentons fridge? It won't close and it's floating."

The man sprang up and headed to the kitchen. "Be right there! Good talk, Danny-boy. Keep working. You're doing great!"

Maddie yanked him inside and closed the door, before rounding on him. "What were you doing??" She whispered harshly. "You said you'd be subtle."

"I was." He whispered back. "He didn't suspect a thing."

"Asking him directly if he was a ghost and offering to use a Fenton machine on him is not subtle, Jack. If we're right we better be careful with what we use around him or he might get hurt!" She bit her lip. "Are you sure it's not because of the butterflies?"

"No! They are made from something different. Besides, the ectosignature in Danny is a lot older. I'd say a few years."

Maddie rubbed her hands together. "Maybe the Fenton scanner isn't in complete working order..."

"No way! That baby is as good as new. I checked and rechecked the calculations myself." Jack was quick to defend his machine.

Maddie groaned softly and ran a hand over her face. "I just don't understand how Danny could have so much ectoplasm in his system and still be able to walk around normally. It's even fused with his blood!" She took a deep breath. "It's just not possible."

Jack shrugged. "The Fentons are always able to do the impossible."

"But how??" Maddie started pacing. "When?? What happened to our baby boy. Was it our fault? Did we leave him unattended as a baby and he got ahold of one of the ecto viles?"

Jack shook his head. "We always had him securely either in his crib or within our sights. I even placed cameras in his room and put babyproof ectotraps. Besides, you scanned him every two weeks for any sicknesses and he was a normal human back then."

Maddie nodded vehemently. "Then did a ghost do something to him when he started his teens? I hadn't scanned or checked him since he was eight, when he learned to come to me right away if he felt bad. Besides, Danny has an amazing immune system. I didn't feel the need. And you said the signature is a few years old. We're ghost hunters. Maybe some ghosts took their revenge out on our son."

Jack ran a hand through his hair, hoping that wasn't the answer. "Our house is completely protected against ghosts and you taught Danny a bit of self defence."

She nodded. "Right. Right. Danny could handle himself. But he wouldn't learn about weapons until he was fifteen so he would be powerless against ghosts." She gasped. "Jack. What kind of effects can this kind of fusing have on his DNA. He seemed healthy enough and it's as if his body accepted the ectoplasm."

"I have no idea, Mads." Be wiped his sweaty hands on his jumpsuit. "I don't know."

Oooooh suspiciousness
Yes it's tow updates on a day.
Yes it's because I don't want to study.
Yes I should be studying hopefully you won't get another update until this weekend or in two days. Depends.

So remember when you guys made sure I would get my head out of Wattpad and go study? No? Whatever please be my internet moms.

Hasta la próxima.