Annabeth

Annabeth squirmed against the giant fist, but the more she struggled, the fist got even tighter. Annabeth could hardly breath now, and she was getting lightheaded.

Percy was fighting the cyclops, with Luke and Leo by his side. Percy stabbed the monster in the stomach, and golden ichor flowed from the wound. The cyclops roared in pain, and he let go of Annabeth. She fell to the floor, but quickly stood back up, picking up her sword.

Annabeth pointed his sword at the monster, but he ran towards the glass floor, still carrying Piper. Annabeth ran after the cyclops, but it was too late. The monster had already smashed through the floor, with Piper still in his grasp. Annabeth gasped. Gaea had a girl and a boy demigod. She would spill their blood on Olympus. She could rise now, and they couldn't stop her.

"No." Annabeth whispered, trying not to cry.

"Help!" She heard a familiar voice call out.

Annabeth ran in the direction the voice came from. She looked down through the broken glass floor, and gasped in shock. Piper was hanging onto the edge of the floor with her fingertips, with the cyclops still hanging on her leg.

Annabeth quickly grabbed Piper's hand as it slipped from the edge of the floor. All the weight dragged her forward through the broken floor, but somebody grabbed her hand just before she could go tumbling through the sky. Percy yelled through his teeth with effort, as he tried to hold them up.

Annabeth knew he was strong, but she knew that he couldn't hold them for long. Then he fell forward. Percy, Annabeth, Piper, and the cyclops tumbled through the sky. Annabeth heard the cyclops splash into the water below them, and she knew it was only a matter of seconds before they hit the water too. She knew that hitting water from that high would definitely kill them.

Just before they hit the water, she was cushioned by a ball of air. Then she remembered that Percy was a son of Poseidon. How could she forget? Suddenly, Annabeth could breath again. She opened her eyes, and caught her breath. She was in a bubble of air, under the water. Percy's doing, obviously.

Piper was lying safely beside her, and Percy was sitting in front of her, smiling.

"Works every time." He laughed.

Annabeth smiled, and leaned forward, kissing Percy on the lips. She pulled away as she heard Piper laughing. Annabeth blushed, and punched Piper in the arm playfully.

"Shut up, Pip--" Annabeth was tugged out of the bubble of air by her ankle, and pulled deeper into the water. She struggled against the attacker, trying desperately to get more air, but she was pulled deeper into the ocean. Suddenly, she saw Percy swimming towards her, his sword drawn, and he swiped at her attacker.

Annabeth realized that it was the cyclops pulling her under. How had he not died from the impact? Annabeth didn't have time to figure it out, because the cyclops let go of her leg, and she tried to swim to the surface. She was at least fifty feet under the water, when she started to feel lightheaded.

Annabeth's lungs burned. She needed to breath, but she couldn't move. She was giving up hope. Her vision began to blacken, as she thought that this would be a dumb way to die.

Annabeth felt a tug on her arm, and soon she was being pulled towards the surface. She looked up, and realized it was Piper pulling her up. Piper started to get slower and slower, and eventually, she stopped swimming, her face looking pale in the dark water. They were still at least thirty feet under the water. There was no way they could reach the surface alive.

Piper suddenly tried to swim upwards again, squirming more than paddling. Annabeth knew that Piper was trying so hard to keep them both alive, and suddenly, Annabeth was so glad she had a friend as great as Piper. She would never give up. She was so confident that they could live.