Piper

Piper

Piper was angry. She was angry at Jason. He was angry at her for not telling him that she had been in Tartarus. What kind of messed up person would care more about knowing if someone had been in Tartarus, than if they had suffered there or not. Jason was like that. Or at least he'd acted that way.

Piper was curled up on her bed sobbing. She couldn't believe, that Jason would be like that. He had always been so, kind, honest, and understanding. Not anymore, apperently.

There was a knock on Piper's door, making her jump. All that time in...... Tartarus, well it made her feel more alert, and jumpy.

"Who is it?" Piper asked.

"It's me. Percy." Percy answered.

Piper caught her breath. What was Percy doing here? Piper was scared. No, she was terrified. Terrified of Percy. He tried to kill her. He might try to do it again. Piper wrestled with her thoughts, and decided to suck it up, and talk to him. She stood up, and opened the door.

Piper stumbled backwards, seeing Percy had Riptide drawn, and tripped. She fell on her back, knocking the wind out of her.

"Piper! Are you okay?" Percy said extending a hand out to her.

Piper stood back up, not using Percy's extended hand. "What do you want?" She said, sounding a little scared.

"I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry that you had to go through.... there alone." Percy said, putting his hand back down at his side. "I know what it's like."

"Thanks." She said, not meaning what she said. Piper started to close the door, but Percy held it open with his foot.

"I'm sorry about your shoulder." He said, looking ashamed.

Piper didn't answer. She kicked Percy's foot away from the door, and closed it in his face.

"Piper!" Percy shouted. "I really am sorry." Percy sighed. "I don't know what came over me."

Piper slowly opened the door. She looked at Percy's face. He really looked sorry, so Piper decided to forgive him. She was just about to reply to him, when the ship rocked. They both shared a look, and they both dashed up to the deck.

Percy immediatly ran towards the hellhounds. Piper was about to run and help, when she was smacked in chest hard. She flew across the deck, smashing, and breaking into crates of what she hoped wasn't Greek fire.

"Piper!" She heard Jason yell. He lifted off the pieces of broken crates that were on top of her, and helped her stand.

Piper heard a creaking noise, and looked up to see a huge pile of stacked crates falling over. Falling right towards Jason. She shoved him out of the way, and the crates smashed into her. Piper felt a heavy crate fall on top of her leg, and she immediatly knew it was broken.

She screamed in pain, and tried to get up, but she was stuck.

"Piper!" Jason yelled, as he started to lift up the crates. He cleared all the crates off of her, and tried to get the crate off of her leg, but it wouln't move.

"Go help Percy! I'll be okay!" Piper shouted. Jason hesitated, but ran to fight the hellhounds.

Piper tried to push the crate off her leg, but it didn't budge. Suddenly, a shadow appeared over her, and two figures fell out of it, slamming into the crate that was on her broken leg. Piper yelled in pain. She rolled onto her side, feeling the edges of her vision begin to blacken.

"Well, that was not a nice trip!" Groaned Annabeth, rolling off of the crate.

"Yeah, at least we're alive!" Coughed Hazel, also rolling off the crate.

"Guys!" Piper shouted, ignoring the pain.

"Piper!" Hazel gasped, spinning around. She hugged Piper so tight, that she couldn't breath.

"Hazel!" Piper gasped. "Choking me!"

Hazel released her and laughed, a tear rolling down her cheek. She looked at Piper like she pitied her. "Are you okay? I mean since you just got back from..." Hazel trailed off, looking down.

"I'm fine?" Piper answered, unsure of her words. "Can you guys help me get this thing off my leg?" She said pointing to the crate.

"Oh gods!" Annabeth gasped. "Sorry about that!" She and Hazel tryed to push the crate off, but again it would not move. Piper heard a low growl behind her. She turned her head, just to come face-to-face with a drooling hellhound.

And then the hellhound pounced.