Frank

Frank

Frank waited for Hazel to respond. She didn't.

"Hazel, I--" Frank started but stopped when Hazel held up her hand silently. She layed back down and turned away from Frank pulling the covers over her head. "Hazel--"

"Just go Frank." Hazel whispered hiding all emotion.

Frank sighed and stood up walking out to the hall. He took one last look at Hazel, seeing her silently sobbing, and closed the door.

He felt really bad about her being.... blind. He knew that she would never be the same after this all ended. He knew none of them would be the same after this. If they survived this. Frank thought.

"Well that's my happy thought of the day!" Frank grumbled out loud. He walked into the mess hall and sat in the middle of Percy and Leo.

"How did she take it?" Annabeth asked concerned.

"Pretty well actually--" Frank was interrupted by a loud crash. Annabeth and him shared a look before jumping up and running to Hazel's room.

Frank opened the door. "Hazel!" He gasped. She was lying on the floor, obviously feeling the ground for something.

"Hazel! Jeez! What happened!?" Grabbing Hazel by the waist, helping her onto her bed.

"Where is it?!" She yelled loudly. "I need it!"

"Need what?" Frank asked clueless.

"My sword! I need it! She's coming!"

"It's right here", Frank said grabbing Hazel's sword off her nightstand.

"Who's coming, Hazel?" Annabeth asked her calmly.

"P-- PASIPHAE!!!!" Hazel screamed searching the air with her hand. Probably feeling for her sword. Taking the clue he carefuly handed Hazel her sword.

"Hazel how do know that she's coming!" Annabeth asked her a look of weariness in her eyes.

"G--Gaea! She told me she'd be here when we least expected it!" Hazel yelled. "I need to--"

"You don't need to anything Hazel! The only thing you need to do is lay down and get some rest." Frank told her sternly. Annabeth handed him a pill and he looked up at her face realizing that she wanted to give it to Hazel.

"Hazel open your mouth." Frank told her.

"Why would I need to--" Hazel started but Frank put the pill in her mouth while she was talking. Hazel swallowed before realizing what it was. Her eyes started to close but she kept talking.

"I need to.... I need to....." Hazel nodded off and started snoring quietly.

"Sleeping pills", Annabeth said.

"Woah! I didn't know Hazel snored! I'm gonna bug her about that for--" Leo started but stopped when he saw the look Annabeth was giving him.

Suddenly the ship lurched forward and Frank knocked into Annabeth sending her slamming face-first into the floor and she passed out cold. Frank stood up and ran into the hall and up to the deck. 

The ship jerked forward again sending Frank tumbling over the rail and into the sea.