Chapter 7: Assault

The Autobots, with their pony companions finally pull up to the front gates of Canterlot after a long drive on the mountain side.

The ponies exit the bots as they transform back into their robot modes. They enter the city.

"Autobots, set your weapons to stun. I will not condone the loss of any organic lifeforms unless all other options are exhausted." Optimus explained. "Remember, that all lifeforms have the potential, for change and reform."

"You're the optimistic one aren't you?" Rainbow Dash teased.

"Without that hope, then we are no better than the tyrants and conquerors we fight against." Optimus said.

The bots recalibrate their weapons, so that they fire taser blasts instead of the lethal laser beam.

"Bumblebee, scout ahead, and see if you can locate a safe way into the castle where the Elements are being held." Optimus ordered him.

"Gotcha Prime." Bumblebee replied.

"Proceed with extreme caution." Optimus warned.

Bumblebee then enters the streets. He ducks around in cover, pointing his gun around, and making sure that no enemies are sited. He then runs, and ducks behind another building, looks again, this time he sees a changeling patrol walking in front of him.

Bumblebee motions his hands, signaling the others to take cover. The other Autobots transform into their vehicle modes, and and hide behind certain buildings. The ponies keep themselves concealed by hiding behind bushes and trees.

As soon as the patrol turns the corner, Bee signals the others to emerge from their hiding places.

"That was a close one Optimus." Bumblebee says to the others.

"Do we really gotta sneak around like this Prime?" Ironhide complained, "I mean, just look at em', they're no larger than the ponies, We can take em'."

"Ah thought the same thing Ironhide," Applejack said to the bot, "But when dem changlins' swarm up on y'alls, their numbers are hard to deal with. Still, I gotta find mah brother and sister. I gotta help em'."

"We will Applejack, I promise you." Twilight reassured the cowmare.

"All this sneaking around is really fun, don't you think Bee, I mean, really, it's like an extreme game and hide and seek.. and...."

Rarity cuts her off by putting a hoof to her mouth.

"SHHH! You don't want us getting caught Pinkie, so stay quiet." Rarity shushes her.

"Come on Fluttershy, let's fly ahead and see what's going on from the air." Rainbow said to the yellow pegasus.

"Do I have to? I rather go home." Fluttershy said meekly.