Did you just blush!?

Dave Strider was mostly known as "the cool guy" with his shades, nonchalant attitude and the fact that he can show no emotion what so ever.

But his chill, calm and collected facade masked a deep loneliness and pain he held within.

A feeling that he would never be good enough no matter how hard he tried. He wasn't a hero, he wasn't anything.

Always being told to hide his emotions, because feelings aren't cool; but apparently being a stoic, hardcore badass was. So that was what he tried to be and a lot of people believed the act he put up.

Except for one small nubby horned troll who swore in every sentence and was always yelling. That trolls name was Karkat, and no matter how hard Dave tried to be "cool" Karkat always saw straight through his mask and into the real him.

Perhaps that was why they were best bros? And perhaps that was why their friendship turned into something a little more?

Even though Karkat knew that Daves stoic cool guy attitude was a fake, that didn't stop Dave was acting that way every now and again.

Sometimes Karkat got angry at him for acting that way around him, sometimes Karkat would mock Daves "Coolguyness" with jokes, insults and other things.

"ARE YOU BLUSHING?!?!" Ask Karkat this one time when the two where chillaxing together, not doing anything in particular. Just chatting and enjoying each others company.

"What, no." Replied Dave trying to cover up the obvious pinkness spreading rapidly across his face. But he was failing miserably and Karkat took advantage of the situation. Turning his body to place his full attention on the blond, he smirked and said,

"DID I GET THE EVER STOIC, HARDCORE BADASS DAVE STRIDER TO BLUSH?"

Dave continued to try and regain composure and turned away from the troll so he couldn't see his blush while racking his brain wildly for any excuse.

"No....It's....It's the cold."

Karkat wasn't buying it. One, because it was actually quite warm on the meteor and they were sharing a blanket and Two, Dave was actually a pretty bad lier.

"HUH. IT'S THE COLD. AND NOT THAT I TOLD YOU THAT "YOUR FACE IS FREAKING ADORABLE AND THAT I BET THE REST OF YOU IS TOO?" ARE YOU SURE IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF THAT?"

Dave's blush increased until he looked like a fucking tomato, his voice cracked as he tried to deny the accusation.

"N-no."

Karkat just rolled his eyes and grabbed the fool buy his shirt, lifting his shades away from his face and connecting their lips together in a passionate kiss.

When they pulled away Dave stared dumbfounded at Karkat, speechless.

"THERE YOU GO DUMMY, FEEL BETTER NOW?"

A smile graced Daves' lips. One of his very rare and genuine ones.

"Much better," he whispered.