Chapter 24

Hyosung POV

"I can't do that, baby. I wanna know why you have scars on your arms from cutting."

My heart nearly stops at the question as I look down at him. I merely watch as he takes a deep breath before sitting upright. He crosses his legs in front of himself before wrapping his arms around me gently and pulling me into his lap. Not bothering to fight him, I close my eyes as I lean my head against his chest. Lacing our fingers together as I take his hand in mine, I hold tightly in attempt to keep myself grounded and to try not to cry.

"Baby, you're gonna be okay and you'll be safe with me. I promise. I'm not gonna hurt you or say anything bad because of this. I'm not going anywhere, not without you. Okay? I just wanna know so that I can try and make it better, baby. I wanna help you, and make you as happy as I possibly can, and take care of you, and never leave you. I just wanna know what had you hurting so much that you resulted to that." Yoongi murmurs softly in my ear, leaning down and kissing the top of my head. I squeeze my eyes shut to try and stop the tears, wrapping my free arm around him as I hug him tightly.

Neither of us say anything for a little bit as I sit there on Yoongi's lap while he comforts me. He just stays quiet as he comforts me and whispers soft sweet nothings in my ear. It takes me a few minutes before I finally regain control of myself, taking a few deep breaths and wipes the tears away from my face before Yoongi has the chance to. Lips forming a pout as I finally get a grip on myself, I look up at him reluctantly. He just gives me a small smile, leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. I feel myself calm down a bit more at his touch, our lips moving together in perfect harmony before he finally pulls away and kisses my forehead.

Sighing quietly, I lean my head against his chest once more, knowing I've got to tell him despite how deeply I wish I didn't.

"You already know bits and pieces of my past, Yoongi. But, you need to know the whole thing in order to understand." I say quietly, squeezing my eyes shut as I take a deep breath. I feel him kiss the top of my head again, rubbing the pad of his thumb over the back of my hand gently.

"You're doing so good, baby. I'm so proud of you. Thank you, baby. It'll be okay, I promise." Yoongi whispers softly as he nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck. I bite my lip for a moment, forcing myself to calm down a bit so that I can continue.

"I'm from Busan. It's where my parents still are. They run a huge company there that they spend all of their time and attention on majority of their days. But, whenever I was around if they were home, then they'd focus on insulting me. It's part of why I've got mild social anxiety. I always felt like everyone hated me, like everyone does hate me, and that they're all better off without me. I hated it there. Get up in the morning just to get insulted by my parents so that I can run off to school where things weren't much better.

"I was one of the popular girls there, but it was solely because I had rich parents. It was the only reason the others were friends with me. I didn't fit in with them at all and it was a perfect way for everyone in the school to constantly talk about me behind my back and say all the shit and more that my parents already were telling me. And so one day, I finally had enough. Instead of letting my personal driver take me home after school, I ran off." I explain, pausing to collect my thoughts. Yoongi lifts his head up from my shoulder, kissing my cheek gently before returning it to its previous position.

"I wanted out. I was done with all of it. I was tired of the insults at home. I was done with knowing everyone was talking behind my back and insulting me at school. I was done with the same old routine of it all. I was alone and lost on the streets anyways, and it wouldn't be a big loss to my parents anyways. I'd found a broken piece of glass near the sidewalk where I'd been at then. Used that to pretty much destroy my wrists and forearms. Combine that and falling in front of a car, I ended up waking up in a hospital. I wasn't dumb though. I knew they'd called my parents and I knew exactly when they'd show up as well.

"I ran from there too. Ended up in some small café just a short ways down from the hospital. Some worker there helped me out, gave me a spare change of clothes that he'd had with him and some money to help me out before I left again. Really kind kid honestly. But, I used the money to get the hell out of there and that's what I did. I ended up here in Daegu. Taehyung's mother worked at the restaurant I'd stopped at for a small meal. It's how I ended up staying with them." I finish softly.

Yoongi lifts his head up from my shoulder and I look up at him, just to see him smile.

——————
A/N:
Hey everyone! I'm so sorry this was updated so late!!! There's only one more chapter left though! Thank you for bearing with me and I hope you've all enjoyed it so far!!

Make It Better | YoongiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara