Chapter 23

*Small Trigger Warning!*

Yoongi POV

Smiling lightly to myself at the assignment we've been given, I pull my notebook out of my bag and flip it to a clean page. Glancing over at Hyosung, my smile immediately falls from my face. Eyes widening at what I easily spot on her exposed forearms, I don't even think about my next moves.

Standing up from my desk, I don't even bother saying a single word as I attract a bunch of attention whilst walking over to her desk. When I reach her side, she looks up at me with a curious expression. Still remaining silent in fear of what I've seen, I gently take her hand in mine and pull her up from her seat. She stumbles, clearly not having expected it, but manages to catch herself and bring herself back into an upright position before I drag her out of the room.

"Yoongi, what's going on?" She questions softly, struggling a bit to keep up with my pace as I lead us through the hallways. I stay silent, trying to collect my nerves and concerns so that I'm not just exploding with worry over her. So, we fall silent as she seems to accept that I'm not responding as I lead us through the halls, soon reaching the roof access. Running a hand through my hair, I quickly lead us outside before slamming the door shut behind me. Once it's closed, I release her hand.

Taking a few steps away from her, I tangle my fingers into my hair and tug on the ends a bit in attempt to calm back down. However, turning back to look at her nearly breaks me. Seeing the soft look in her beautiful caramel colored eyes, she gives me a gentle worried look as she watches me. Using all of my lasting strength left, I hurry over to her side to close the gap between us and wrap my arms around her waist. Pulling her close to me, I hold her tightly as I bury my face into the crook of her neck, not being able to contain the tears any longer.

"Yoongi, baby, what's wrong?" Hyosung asks gently, wrapping her arms around me and rubbing my back gently. Frustratingly, her question only makes me cry harder, feeling like I've somehow failed her or let her down even more than I already have by letting her disappear on me for three days. She sighs at my lack of response but falls silent once more as she simply holds me.

I don't know how much time passes before I finally calm down, all I know is that she manages to get us sat down and my head ends up resting in her lap. Looking up at her through dwindling tears, my heart breaks all over again as she gives me a gentle smile.

"You okay?" She asks softly. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath to try and stay calmed down before opening them again. She's still looking down at me with those beautiful caramel eyes, concern evident in them as she waits for my answer. I take a minute to respond though, weakly reaching out and taking ahold of her wrist. She watches in confusion, brows knitting together as she watches me pick it up and bring her still exposed forearm into clear view for myself. Feeling tears well up all over again at the sight, I force myself to avert my gaze back up to her eyes.

"Why? Why'd you do it?" I manage to question in a shaky voice, gaze not moving from hers. She frowns in confusion, turning her arm around in my grip before her face just falls. Letting her head fall and hang low, she averted her gaze elsewhere as a solemn look dawns her beautiful face.

"I don't wanna talk about it, Yoongi. It's in the past. You have nothing to worry about." She mutters quietly, her voice turning bitter now. I frown, shaking my head in response, catching her attention as she returns the frown. My eyes don't leave hers as I gently bring her arm down lower, turning the exposed concerning area back towards me. Gently, I press my lips against it, kissing her scarred skin as she watches me, her eyes growing a bit watery.

Glancing back down to what scares me most, I let my lips trail her entire forearm, starting at her wrist all the way up to her elbow. I feel my heart break even more if possible as I spot a lone tear slowly roll down her cheek.

"Yoongi, please. Just let it go." She requests quietly, her voice cracking as she speaks. Biting my lip as I look up at her, I shake my head once more.

"I can't do that, baby. I wanna know why you have scars on your arms from cutting."