Chapter 11

Yoongi POV

A small smile forms on my lips as the lunch bell finally rings. I glance over at Hyosung, watching her slowly begin to pack her things away. Unlike everyone else in the classroom, she seems to have no intentions of trying to be the lunch crowd and I mentally thank myself for having thought to bring an extra lunch for her.

Noticing her finally beginning to stand up, I stand as well and make my way over to my new girlfriend. Reaching her, she looks up at me seemingly mildly surprised before offering a shy smile. I simply smile in return, taking her hand in mine before we exit the classroom.

I can't help but get lost in thought as I let her lead us to her locker. It's definitely different for me with all of this. I've never really had a proper girlfriend other than once, and that was before I became a playboy. For that matter, that relationship had been the reason I became what I've been for years now. So the fact that I'm actually serious about this one, unlike I've been for three years now, is honestly a surprise. And I'm pretty sure all of the girls in the school find it to be that way as well.

The odd thing is that I'm not even entirely sure why. I'm not certain why I've suddenly become serious with her, protective and caring, when she was originally just supposed to be a toy to me. Nothing more than a new short term fling, someone I could fairly easily get in their pants with. Yet, here I am waiting at her locker with her, the thought of having sex with her not even crossing my mind. Not the way it does with literally almost every other girl here.

The funny thing is, I can't exactly pinpoint when I began to actually care for her rather than see her as nothing more than a toy or a fling. I was amused the first day of her being here, when she'd seen me in our first class with all of those girls surrounding me. I don't know if it was when it began to bother me, knowing all of the girls that always follow me around were constantly watching her. If it was realizing she was skipping meals, or if it was her reaction and how hurt she had gotten when she thought I'd called her fat. But whatever the reason, however she managed to do it, she's got me more serious and protective and caring with her than I've ever been with anyone.

"What're you thinking so much about?" Hyosung questions softly, looking up at me as she shuts her locker. I just shake my head, giving her a small smile and taking her hand in mine again as we start to head towards the rooftop.

"You." I answer with a tiny smirk, knowing she won't entirely favor that answer as we walk. As expected, her face twists up in confusion and dislike as she looks up at me. I chuckle softly, enjoying the sweet girl beside me.

"Why me?" Hyosung asks, an adorable pouty frown on her lips as she rests her head against my arm whilst we're walking.

"Why wouldn't I think about my amazingly sweet and beautiful girlfriend?" I tease lightly, watching her roll her caramel colored eyes at me despite the light pink tint lighting up her cheeks.

"Shut up." She mumbles, pouting lightly as we finally reach the roof. I chuckle as we go over to a corner, sitting down as I wrap an arm around her waist and let her lean into me. Using my free hand, I grab hold of my bag and reach inside to pull out the two lunch bags I'd packed this morning. Holding one of the bags out for her, she frowns at the sight before shaking her head lightly.

"Yoongi, you shouldn't have. I told you the other day that I don't do lunch." Hyosung murmurs softly, frowning as she looks up at me from the bag. Pursing my lips, I set the bag down on my lap before reaching over to tuck a stray strand of hair back behind her ear.

"Baby, you need to eat. You're getting skinnier and if you lose much more weight it's going to become unhealthy. The way you're trying to lose weight to begin with isn't healthy either. Please, I can help you lose a little more in a healthy way if you'd like, but you don't need to lose anymore as it is and you certainly don't need to be skipping meals like this. You're hurting yourself by skipping meals, and I don't wanna see that, baby." I tell her gently, hoping she'll give in. She sighs quietly, leaning her head against my shoulder once more.

"Yoongi, it's not right though. Fat kids like me shouldn't be eating more than once a day, which is what I do. I eat dinner in the evenings and that's it. I don't want to eat more and go back to being as fat as I was." Hyosung argues quietly.

"Baby, you're not fat though. You never were. Just because you were a little thicker than the other girls doesn't mean that you're fat. And you've lost a lot of that thickness anyways. You need to eat, Hyosung. Please? Just... just start eating lunches again with me. Please? For me?"