Chapter 3

Hearing the annoying sound of quiet beeping, I slowly begin to regain my consciousness. Though, I wish I hadn't when I feel the pain of a pounding headache beginning. Reluctantly, I force my eyes open. However, I regret the decision almost instantly due to the bright lights shining in the room.

What the fuck? Why the hell is it so damn bright? Where the hell am I?

Having to attempt open eyes a few different times, I finally manage to keep them open after the fifth attempt. Looking around my, my heart drops as I realize I'm in a hospital room. Huffing in frustration, I lay my head back down against the pillow beneath it. Pulling my hands up to cover my face, I squeeze my eyes shut in hopes of fighting off tears.

I don't want to be here. I don't want to go back to that hellhole of a life I was trapped in. I want out of the game. I don't want to be the center of shitty attention any longer.

Taking a few deep breaths, I manage to calm myself down. I need to stay calm right now. I know now that the annoying beeping sound is from the heart monitor, and I don't want to set it off so that I cause a bunch of people to rush in here.

Biting my lip as I stare up at the ceiling above me, I need to figure out how the hell to get out of here. I know if I stay here and wait, I'll eventually have to see my family. I'll have to go back to them and that damned school. And that's the last fucking thing I want to do.

Sighing to myself, I carefully manage to sit myself up into an upright position. It hurts like hell, but I try to ignore it. The pain isn't important right now, getting the hell out of here is.

As I look around the room, I spot my shoes over on top of a black plastic chair near the bed. Glancing down at myself, I've got on one of those stupid hospital gowns. Unfortunately though, I don't spot my clothes anywhere. Groaning in annoyance, I suppose I'll be stuck in this damned gown if I'm getting out of here since I have no other clothes.

Looking out the window to my left, I spot the hospital hallway that's currently got a few people inside it. Biting my lip once more, I wait for the hall to clear out before carefully crawling out of the bed. I hold onto the IV line and make sure to untangle the heart monitor line before painfully going over to the chair with my shoes on it.

As quickly as I can, I slip the converse on and tie them up before bringing myself onto feet again. With that, I bring the IV back over to where it originally was before looking around once more. I hurriedly search through the drawers next to the hospital bed, soon finding some tape and a roll of paper towels.

Closing my eyes, I quickly take the IV out. Opening my eyes again, I quickly take a little bit of paper towel before folding it up and placing it over my arm where the needle had been. Carefully taking the tape, I rip off a decent string of it before wrapping it around my arm and the paper towel to secure it into place.

Glancing over at my last hurdle, it may be the easiest thing to do, but I know it'll raise alarm to anyone keeping an eye on it. Well, if anyone's keeping an eye on it anyways.

Taking the clip off my finger, the heart monitor instantly goes silent as it reads nothing. Hurrying off before it's too late, I rush out of the room and try to be inconspicuous as I go down the halls and over to an elevator. Quickly pressing the button, it's only a few minutes later before I'm out of the hospital.

Biting my lip, I wander away from the hospital, not really knowing where the hell I'm going or what the hell I'm gonna do. After what's probably fifteen minutes, I cave and slip inside a small café that's fairly empty. Sighing quietly to myself, I go over and take a seat at one of the booths instead of going up to order something. Resting my head in my hands, I close my eyes as I try to think of what the hell I'm going to do.

"Everything okay, Miss?" A soft voice asks. My head jolts up to find a sweet looking boy slide into the seat across from me as he gives me a small smile.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I'm not ordering anything though. I-I don't have any money on me." I apologize quietly, recognizing the work uniform he's wearing. He chuckles lightly though, shaking his head.

"I'm Jungkook. And don't worry about that, Miss. I kinda figured you didn't considering you came in here in just a hospital gown and shoes." He explains kindly. I blush a bit, running a hand through my hair with a quiet sigh.

"Miss, is everything okay?" Jungkook asks again, a worried look on his face.

"I mean, I made it out of the hospital without getting caught so I suppose it's a start to everything being okay. Only problem is I have no money, no clothes, and nowhere to go." I mutter softly. I know if I go to the bank to pull out money out of my own account, they'll be able to track me and it's the last thing I need.

He stays silent for a moment, seeming to think about something before his face lights up.

"I'll be right back. I've got some spare clothes in my bag in the back and some extra money I can give to you. Take a bus and go wherever the hell you wanna go, yeah?" He offers with a grin. My eyes widen in surprise.

"A-Are you sure? I wouldn't have any way of returning any of it." I question with a small frown, surprised by his kindness. He smiles and nods though.

"Of course. You don't need to worry about returning any of it. I'd be more than happy to help you."