Chapter 20

Yoongi POV

"Here, why don't we stop for some food, baby?" I suggest as I carry Hyosung on my back whilst slowly making our way back through town. She hums softly in my ear indifferently, resting her head on my shoulder. Looking over to her, I give her a small smile before leaning in and pecking her lips.

"You need to eat, babe. If you've been gone since Saturday like Tae said, then you've not eaten for three days. You need to eat, Hyosung." I tell her gently, looking around at the different shops that are around. She merely huffs quietly, changing her head position so that its rested against my shoulder and side of my head. I smile at the action, knowing she means well as she nuzzles her head into my shoulder a bit more.

"Babe, if you're not gonna answer, I'm gonna pick a place for us to stop at soon so that we can eat. You're not even strong enough to be walking properly on your own right now." I inform her, hoping to get some sort of response. However, she just groans, changing her position again as she nuzzles her face into the crook of my neck. I just smile and roll my eyes at the girl, still unbelievably happy for having found her and not having lost her for good.

Spotting a small noodle place, I begin to head in that direction and bounce her on my shoulder a bit to try and get her attention. She huffs once again, lifting her head up as I motion with my own towards our destination.

"Noodles?" She asks softly, her voice small like a child's as she turns to look back over at me. I smile, pecking her lips again before humming an agreement.

"That sound okay to you, babes?" I ask as we reach the door. She finally cracks a smile, nodding her head as she settles it back onto my shoulder.

"Yeah. I like noodles." She answers quietly, contentment heard in her voice.

Within minutes, we're inside and seated together at a booth. We're both fairly quiet as we look over what we want to drink and eat, getting to order shortly after.

"I want you to try and eat all of it, okay?" I tell her gently. She pouts a bit but nods, shrugging in return.

"Good. And I'll walk you to school tomorrow morning too." I inform her. She rolls her eyes at me with a small smile, shaking her head at me.

"Why's that?" She asks softly, tilting her head to the side curiously.

"Because I want to spend extra time with you and I wanna make sure you're gonna be okay." I explain happily. She giggles softly with a small smile, shaking her head at me.

Once again, we both fall silent when the food arrives, focusing on eating instead of speaking. When we finally finish, I pay the bill before we head on out again. Thankfully, it doesn't take us too much longer before we finally reach her house.

"You ready, baby?" I ask as we stand at the end of the driveway. By now, it's evening time and I can tell by the cars in the drive that Tae's parents are home. She sighs softly, shaking her head a bit before nuzzling her face back into the crook of my neck.

"It'll be okay, baby. I'm gonna be right here and I'll even come in with you. Okay? You won't be alone, I'll be with you the entire time." I tell her softly. She merely whines in response though, wrapping her arms and mainly legs around me tighter. I smile at the fact that she'd rather be with me than them and that she seems to find a sense of comfort in me again, but it's sad to know she's this worried about having to go back in there. They couldn't have been treating her that badly, right?

I don't say anything as I slowly begin the walk up their driveway, soon reaching the front door. Carefully, I set Hyosung back down on her feet. She huffs at this, quickly reaching for my hand to hold and laces our fingers together before resting her head on my arm. I merely smile down at her before looking back to the door and knocking. It takes a minute before anyone opens the door, just barely beating me from knocking a second time.

The woman on the other side of door's face lights up when her eyes land on the girl stood beside me. Within a second, Hyosung is engulfed in a tight embrace by the older woman. I can tell by the look in her eyes that she's surprised as she glances back at me, not entirely comfortable by all of this. Though, seconds later, the woman releases her to turn back into the house before calling for who I'm assuming to be her husband and Taehyung.

Moments later, Taehyung shows up at the door. The next thing that happens surprises the hell out of both me and Hyosung as he pulls her into a tight hug. As he looks up at me over her shoulder, I can see the gratefulness in his eyes as they tear up, glad to have her home.