Chapter 21

Yoongi POV

"Come in, come in, please." Mrs. Kim ushers the both of us, pulling Hyosung away from Taehyung and grabbing my wrist to drag us both inside. In an instant, Hyosung is by my side again as she takes my hand in hers and laces our fingers together. I smile down at her, kissing the side of her head as we follow them over into the living room.

"I can't believe you found her, Yoongi hyung. Thank you so much." Taehyung says softly to me as he walks on my other side. I merely nod my head, not bothering to mention the fact that I do still recall him calling me a player and saying that he'd thought I'd break up with her within no time. Hyosung and I simply sit on the opposite couch as the other three, their longing eyes latched onto the beautiful girl sat on the furniture curled up into my side.

"Sweetheart, what's your name? We're so unbelievably grateful to you for having found her and brought her back home safe and sound." Mrs. Kim asks, averting her gaze over to me from the girl who's head is now resting on my shoulder.

"Min Yoongi, Mrs. Kim. It's a pleasure to meet you both. Honestly, I'm just glad to have her back here and safe." I answer calmly, rubbing Hyosung's arm gently as I glance down at her.

"Hyosung, sweetheart, why'd you run off? I understand you and Tae weren't getting along too well, but honestly? I thought we were doing well here providing for you." Mrs. Kim questions, looking back over to the beautiful girl beside me.

"I don't wanna talk about it." She whispers softly, nuzzling her head into my chest as I wrap an arm around her to provide her with a more comfortable position. Both parents frown at her, worried looks on their faces.

"Hyosung, we need to talk about this. I don't want you running off like that again and scaring us. We were all so worried about you. We want to know why you ran off. We don't want this happening again do we need to know how to prevent that." Mr. Kim says in a serious tone, crossing his arms over his chest again. Hyosung doesn't respond, curling into my side further as she turns more towards me and away from the others.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Okay? Tae and I got into an argument and so did Yoongi and I, and I needed some time to my own. That's it. I don't wanna talk about this anymore." She snaps quietly, not bothering to even look over at them.

"Mr. Kim, with all due respect, I think it's best to just leave things alone right now. She's still a bit sensitive about all of this and she's still a bit worn down from being gone these past few days. We stopped at a noodle shop on the way here so she's had something to eat, but that's it. I think it'd be best to just let her rest for the rest of the day, maybe eat some more, but that'd be it." I speak up, not wanting her to get pushed into trying to leave again. I had enough of a scare by her disappearing these last couple days and thinking I'd lost her. I'd like not to have to go through that again at all, let alone anytime soon.

Hyosung nods her head against my chest, arms loosely wrapped around my waist. Both adults glance down at her, seeming to think about this for a moment or two before finally sighing.

"She seems pretty attached to you." Mrs. Kim comments softly as I feel Hyosung's breathing slowly beginning to regulate as she more than likely begins to fall asleep. I look down at her with a small smile, running my fingers through her hair gently.

"I'm certainly attached to her. She's a wonderful person." I answer quietly, reluctantly looking back up from her to them.

"She asleep?" Taehyung speaks up as he nods to the beautiful girl in my arms. I nod in response before watching him stand, motioning for me to follow. Smiling down at the girl beside me, I gently and carefully scoop her up in my arms before standing. She almost instantly moves around a bit in my arms, repositioning herself so that she's comfortable before letting out a tired sigh.

Following Taehyung out of the living room and up the stairs, he leads us over to the room she's been staying in and opens the door for me. I smile a bit to myself, bringing her over to the bed and gently laying her down. Though, as I begin to retract my arms and back away from her a bit, she almost instantly whimpers and reaches out for me with tired childlike grabby hands. I chuckle at how adorable she looks right now, glancing back at Tae in question. He sighs quietly, motioning with his hands limply for me to go ahead. I smile as I walk back over to her, gently taking her childish acting hands in mine to keep her from continuing to do that as I slip my shoes off next to her bed.

"I'm sorry for thinking you'd hurt her, hyung. It's just that I've seen you make your way around the girls at school. I didn't want her getting hurt just like everyone else. I'm glad she's got you by her side and that you really do seem to care about her. Thank you again for finding her and bringing her back."