Chapter 10

"Sweetheart, why don't you come have breakfast with us this morning?" Mrs. Kim calls to me as I walk past the kitchen area. I sigh softly under my breath as I stop in my tracks.

"I'd love to, Mrs. Kim, but I really should be going. I'm meeting with teachers in the morning before classes so that I can catch up with what they're teaching. I'm honestly quite behind." I lie through my teeth. She gives me saddened smile as she nods.

"Okay, dear. Just take care alright? You really shouldn't be skipping meals. Hopefully you're hanging out with friends during lunch as well?" She says with a hopeful tone. I feel my heart sink a bit in my chest, but I fake a smile and nod my head once more.

"Of course." I tell her before heading out. I could feel Taehyung's eyes on me almost the entire time I was stood there, but I try to shake the feeling of it off as I leave the house and head off to school. As usual, a small smile pulls at my lips as I walk quietly alone to the school building. The quietness of nature is truly refreshing and comforting, something I've always loved.

All too soon, I reach the school. Sighing softly to myself, I walk inside and begin to make my way to my locker. It's not that I don't know my way around by now, I think I've gotten the hang of it by now. I just like being here before others because it's much quieter and there's not as many people to look at me and stare because of my weight.

"Hey, look. It's the new fat girl that Yoongi Oppa is toying around with." Some girl shouts loudly. My eyes widen as I look over to find a few different groups of girls hanging around. In almost an instant, I'm surrounded by them as I have to slow my pace to try and reach my locker.

"You know he's just playing you right?"

"You're way to fucking fat for him!"

"You don't deserve Yoongi's attention!"

"Nobody could ever love a fat fuck like you!"

"Get the hell out of here, you fat disgrace!"

"He's only giving you attention because he pities you!"

"Stay the fuck away from him! Yoongi's ours!"

I just manage to reach my locker before the shouting begins to quickly die down. I don't bother questioning why, keeping my head hung low and mouth shut as I fight back tears. Trying to ignore everything that's going on, I silently and slowly begin to open my locker.

"Who the fuck have any of you permission to bully my girlfriend like this?! She's not fucking fat and she's a hell of a lot more beautiful than a single one of you pathetic whores! Now get the fuck outta my sight before I fucking knock some sense into every damn one of you!" I hear a familiar voice growl, freezing me in my spot with wide eyes, a single tear managing to slip free. I quickly hear the scuffing of multiple feet scurrying away just seconds later, a few clicking sounds in the mix from some of the girls wearing heels. After around a minute of silence, I feel a pair of strong pale arms wrap around my waist gently as I'm pulled back against his chest.

"Are you okay, baby?" Yoongi's voice is soft and gentle as he speaks, chin resting lightly on my shoulder. I can still feel my heart pounding in my chest from surprise, fear, and pain, though I try to ignore it and hope that Yoongi can't feel it.

"I'm fine, Yoongi. Thank you." I whisper quietly, still staring forward as I try to wrap my head around everything that's just happened. He gently turns me around to face him, a small frown on his light pink lips as he reaches up to wipe away the lone tear.

"Please don't listen to them, baby. You're so much better than every single one of them. Prettier, smarter, kinder, and so much more. Please. Don't let them get inside your head." Yoongi murmurs softly, leaning forward and pressing his lips against mine gently for just a moment before pulling away again. I force a small smile, nodding my head.

Though, the thoughts running through my head are anything but agreeing with what he's just told me. Instead, they're busy analyzing and reanalyzing all of the comments that had been said. The comments about not deserving him, of how fat I am, of how much of a pathetic disgrace I am. And they're not entirely wrong. I truthfully don't know about the Yoongi comment yet, but they're right that I'm fat. I know I'm fat. I know I'm pathetic and disgraceful. I mean, come on. My parents didn't even want me around. They're probably fucking glad I'm gone. There's no way you can't be pathetic when you've run away from your own life. The way I did.