Chapter 4

Stifling a yawn, I look up at the screen to see what the next stop is for the bus. I haven't really kept track of how long I've been on the bus, but I do know that it's been a few hours at this point.

Next Stop: Daegu

Shrugging to myself, I double check the hoodie pocket to make sure that the moneys still there even though I know it is since I've yet to move it. Jungkook has been kind enough to give me a pair of jeans, a black tee shirt, and a dark gray hoodie as well as the money. He really was incredibly kind.

When the bus finally comes to a stop, I stand up and walk to the front. Giving the driver the exact amount, I climb off and double check just how much I have left. Biting my lip light, I realize it's enough for maybe dinner tonight but that's it.

Sighing and shaking my head to myself, I walk away from the bus station. Keeping my pace slow, I look around and scan my surroundings constantly in attempt to find somewhere cheap.

I wander around for who knows how long before I finally spot a small little shop. A small smile pulls onto my lips as I walk over to the place, hesitantly walking in and looking around.

"Welcome to Ming's Noodle Shop! Will it just be you?" A waitress greets me happily with a smile. Biting my lip, I nod my head in response.

"Alrighty. Please, follow me." She tells me before turning around and heading further into the small shop. She leads me over to an empty table before setting down a menu for me.

"Have you been here before?" The waitress asks as she sets down a package of chopsticks for me.

"No, I've not. I'm actually new to Daegu." I answer softly. She merely smiles and nods her head.

"Well, you picked a wonderful place to eat this evening, Miss. I hope you'll enjoy your time in Daegu." She says kindly before heading back to the front to probably tend to more customers.

Sitting down at the table, I look through the menu. I glance over at the price for each item before settling on the cheapest thing they have to offer here. Sighing to myself, I purse my lips and glance around the small restaurant before an older woman approaches the table. She appears to be somewhere in her forties from what I can collect, and the apron she wears gives away the fact that she works here.

"Hi, sweetheart. What can I get for you this evening?" She asks kindly. I quietly give her my order of the cheapest thing they serve before handing her the menu.

"Are you sure you want that, sweetheart? If I'm being quite honest, that's probably our blandest dish we serve here." The woman questions with a small frown. Immediately, she recommends something else that's more in the middle of their prices. I bite my lip, truly wishing I could order it but desperately wanting to save the money.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid it's the best that I can afford." I answer quietly, embarrassed for having to admit how low I currently am on money. She hums softly, eyeing me for a moment before nodding her head.

"Okay. I'll be right back out with your food, sweetheart." The woman tells me with a gentle smile before walking away.

Sighing softly to myself, I lightly tap my fingers against the tabletop. Knowing I've just decreased the small amount of money I have in half, I've got to figure out what the hell I'm going to do from here. Come tomorrow afternoon, I'll be out of money by having spent it on a small lunch if I'm lucky, and I've got nowhere to go. No one to call either, considering I've not got my phone either.

It doesn't take long though, before my thoughts are interrupted by the waitress returning with my order. She smiles at me, setting the dish down. Though, I frown at the sight.

"Miss, I-I didn't order this." I speak worriedly, looking up at her with wide eyes. She gave me the order that she had recommended rather than the one I'd ordered. However, she smiles and shakes her head.

"It's on me, sweetheart. Don't you worry about the price and just enjoy your dinner." She informs me before walking away again. Biting my lip, I look down at the extremely delectable food sat on the table in front of me. Reluctantly, I give in as I pick the chopsticks up and begin eating. I'm about halfway through it when the woman returns though.

"How is it?" She asks with a small smile as she takes a seat across from me.

"It's really good. Thank you, Miss." I answer shyly. She merely smiles and nods in response.

"Do you have somewhere to go, sweetheart? Someone to stay with perhaps?" The woman asks suddenly. My eyes widen as I pause mid bite. Looking up at her in surprise, her expression is concerned.

"H-How did you know?" I question quietly, setting the chopsticks down for a moment.

"I can tell the clothes aren't yours. They're much too big for you, and I doubt they would be your boyfriends if you've got such little money to spend on food right now. I'm not oblivious, sweetheart. I just want to help." She explains softly. Biting my lip, I look down to my lap that now holds my folded hands.

"No, I've not got anywhere to go." I tell her honestly. She sighs softly, nodding her head.

"How would you like to come home with me? I'm sure my husband and son wouldn't mind, and we've got the space. You could live with us and go to school with my son."