I had the lights off, a bowl of popcorn a lovely English house keeper made for me, and I was trying my hardest not to cry when Justin Timberlake said Mila was in better words, bat shit crazy, breaking her heart. That was my worst fear, having my heart shattered. Losing my parents was more than enough and caused me more pain than I've been able to handle.

I froze when I heard quiet footstep coming towards my door and turned off the tv, the lights, and quickly tucked myself into bed. The person stopped at my door and hesitated before walking off. I almost sighed in relief until the footsteps sounded more determined walking back to my door. They didn't even knock, just opened the door and quietly made their way in. I heard the rustle of clothes, a tie coming off, a shirt hitting the floor, shoes being toed off, pants dropping, and finally I felt the blankets being pulled back. I knew exactly who it was and I knew he knew I was awake.

He pressed right into my back, arm wrapping around my waist. I expected him to scold me for embarrassing him or ask me to leave come morning but when he mumbled, "I'm sorry." and buried his face in my neck, I was a bit shocked. "I was being insensitive for trying to beg you to stay somewhere you're uncomfortable. You're important to me Sweetheart, and getting through the rest of that party without you was torture."

I squeezed my eyes shut, "Why do you do that?" Before he could ask I spoke again. "You get mad or frustrated about something and shut me out then come back before morning to hold me."

He sighed, "I'm going to tell you something that I've never and will never admit to anyone else. I'm completely spoiled and I'm not used to people telling me where I can and can't go. Most importantly I'm used to people jumping at the chance to cater to my every whim so when you wouldn't stay it was a hit to my ego." I rolled over so we were nose to nose. "I'm normally very good at staying mad but I can't stay mad at this adorable face of ours." He pinched my cheek lightly. I saw his eyes were shining and he looked ten times happier than when I first met him. He looked more laid back, tanned, and relaxed, more like a Texan man. I was starting to think he wasn't the city boy he used to be and I'm pretty sure it was because of me.

"Why me?" I whispered, staring straight into his gray blue eyes, that seemed to do more than see. "What makes me so special that a dangerously attractive, wealthy business man would be attracted to a going nowhere, horse obsessed, orphaned high school dropout?"

He smiled, resting his forehead against mine. "I don't see a girl like that. I see a stunningly gorgeous, cowgirl who has more passion and heart in one boot than any New Yorker has in their whole body." I pressed a quick kiss to his lips. "I like you because you're down to earth, strong, and you've shown me how to enjoy life for once." He continued. I kissed his nose, then his lips again, while getting closer and closer to him. He tucked his tattoo covered arm under mine, bringing his hand up to bury his fingers in my hair to hold our foreheads together. I traced the black and gray wolf with my finger tip and felt goosebumps form under my touch. "I'm not letting you go. I'm moving to Breckenridge permanently, even if that means I lose the company. I don't need it. I have enough work experience and ethic to easily start my own business or take over someone else's who needs it."

My mind worried, "What if we lose our spark and you don't want me anymore? Are you going to still stay in Texas?" I hated how my heart clutched at the thought of him getting tired or bored of me and I knew I was in trouble.

Eyes half closed, tightening his hold on my hair, he whispered, "Chemistry never fades and I'll always be there to remind you."

~

"Ana!" I heard the bang of the door against the wall. I groaned, burying my face into John Ross's chest. "Sorry, I know you too are cuddle buddies or whatever but I need to talk to you!" I felt John Ross move his arm up to my neck and pull my face up to his. My tired state of mind vanished the moment his lips touched mine and pressed myself as close as I could to him. With his fingers buried in my hair he rolled me over so I was straddling him, his hips pressed upwards. But before I could register what parts of him I was feeling, I felt little hands clamp on my shoulders and rip me back. "Excuse me, I meant alone! I want to talk to Ana ALONE!"

John Ross glared at Cindy, "I'm sure she doesn't want to hear about your night with my cousin. I could hear just fine last night."

Cindy huffed, not embarrassed in the slightest. "I can't help that your family seems to be hung like horses and Josh knows how to use his." I covered my ears and shook my head. I had to have a strange, outspoken best friend. "Plus I'm hear to tell her about the phone call I got this morning."

"How do you know it's the whole family?" John Ross dared to ask.

Cindy held back a laugh, "Well, judging by the bulge I'm looking at, you're about as big as your cousin. So you be gentle with my little vir..."

I growled and flew off the bed, tackling Cindy to the ground. "Don't you dare! You promised!"

Cindy was full on laughing now and I felt arms wrap around my waist, lifting me off of her. "I'm gonna go get showered and ready for the day. You two can talk and try not to kill each other now." John Ross said, a soft smile on his lips. His soft, delicious, perfect lips. I shook my head and started to push him out of the room. "Hold on there Sweetheart, do you want people to assume?"

"Huh?"

"Leaving your room in nothing but boxer briefs, with a pretty obvious bulge? I don't want people to think I took that beautiful innocence of yours." He gently tucked my hair behind my ear. My eyes went wide, he had caught what Cindy was going to say. "Don't worry, your secrets safe with me." He silently shut the door after he through on his pants in record time.

I turned to Cindy, "I could kill you!"

She waved her hand, "Yeah right. We both know that you're gonna end up letting him pop your cherry. So instead of it being awkward when he goes to do it and have that conversation right before, it's already out in the open."

I scowled, "Cindy, that wasn't your call. If I was sure I wanted to be with him and he wanted me, I would tell him. But I'm not even sure if him and I would work, we're very different people."

Cindy scuffed, "You two are a match made in heaven." Before I could respond, she continued. "But this isn't why I came in here! I got a call from my dad, he said that there's a big shot rodeo star looking for a Miss Anastasia Kitt. Something about looking for someone to manage and coach since he retired from bull riding and calf roping."

"Are you kidding me? How long is he gonna be in town?"

She shrugged, "Not sure but I wouldn't want to keep him waiting."

I bit my lip, "But John Ross's friend's engagement party? God, I hope the guy will wait." My stomach dropped about making a decision. "Who is he anyway?" That got me curious as well. Who would look for an amateur barrel racer to bring to the top?

Worst part is, I'm more concerned with John Ross being mad if I bail on him again. That made my decision, I was going to stay no matter what. I wasn't going to be that person that went against her word, it isn't who I am. I really like John Ross and I don't want to screw it up. And if John Ross doesn't like coming home, I'll have to show him a reason to look forward to it.

============

2500 views! You guys are amazing, really. The person who's the retired bull rider isn't actually real so don't go looking them up or anything, just another made up character :)